Troll grenade. Cyclist fined for contravening sign. :O

Seen that clip to me and the originator of the clip doesn't seem to have a major problem with it, taking a "fair cop" attitude

What seems more silly is the regulation - rather than the enforcement of it - but silly or not the TRO is in place - possibly because it looks like effectively a long bus stop and so for a bike to progress would have to filter past a line of buses crossing the line into either oncoming traffic or a pedestrian stepping out from between buses

I do enjoy the cycling threads, but they usually get locked. Im sure not all cyclists ride in this idiotic manner, and maybe this lad wont do it again. I think its all about prevention than issuing fines. There are a hell of a lot of people killed on bikes, especially in London, and it does seem to be getting like that everywhere. I did laugh when I heard they were known as "Mamils" (middle aged men in lycra) because that is usually the type you see! Sadly, I dont cycle on the roads anymore, as I really think its suicidal, but I still enjoy an amble round the campsites. Are there too many cars on the roads these days, and has the modern cyclist become cynical to the dangers?

why is the biker filming in the first place if he can't abide by the law himself???

How do you imagine that using a camera and being perfect are linked?

---------- Post added 08-01-2014 at 07:31 ----------

Seen that clip to me and the originator of the clip doesn't seem to have a major problem with it, taking a "fair cop" attitude

What seems more silly is the regulation - rather than the enforcement of it - but silly or not the TRO is in place - possibly because it looks like effectively a long bus stop and so for a bike to progress would have to filter past a line of buses crossing the line into either oncoming traffic or a pedestrian stepping out from between buses

It looked like a pedestrian crossing to me, hence the pedestrian that was only a metre away as he ran the light.

Despite the title of this thread, it's interesting to note that nearly every cyclist who has posted doesn't agree with running lights. Rather a fail on the old "troll grenade" I think.

The regulation? Do you mean the law about not going through red lights, then turning into a bus lane and through a pedestrian crossing, with people crossing it?

I do enjoy the cycling threads, but they usually get locked. Im sure not all cyclists ride in this idiotic manner

They don't, it really is a minority.

The few that do let other cyclists down tend to do it with gusto though.

I'm a cyclist, but I don't wear the lycra or even a helmet. I adhere to all traffic law yet I am occasionally sneered at by one or two cyclists who seem to think they are practising for time trials, while putting themselves (and possibly others) in danger.

There's one guy I see regularly cutting the same blind corner at speed, he's had two close misses that I know about. Me, being a part-time cyclist, without cleats, helmet or lycra, I have no difficulty turning the corner on the correct side of the road, safely, yet he yells at me to "get a move on".

why is the biker filming in the first place if he can't abide by the law himself???

I have pondered this before. the usual suspects who link videos of bad car drivers filmed by gopro cameras get all hot under the collar, but they fault to realise that a cyclists is not going to post video of themselves breaking the laws.

Look at the numbers of people killed by dangerous cyclists compared to the number of people killed by dangerous drivers. There's really no comparison.

Cyclists also don't have to have to pass a test, get insurance and carry a licence whereas drivers do. Therefore drivers can be monitored a lot more easily.

I was going to ask you to think before you post but let's take it one step at a time.

Well then perhaps they should.

Archived