Muhammad Ali 1968 speech on race and marriage

casius clay was a bit of a nob really ...

When he refused to fight for the USA he betrayed all the other black men who gave their lives. I don't think it had anything other than fear why he wouldn't go.

He was also a very wealthy man back then. Why didn't he go and live in some African country if he was so miffed with the USA. I'm sure he could have helped, greatly, a poor nation.

He may have had a troubled time while growing up. This turned him into a racist, this is the crux of the matter. He hated ALL white people.

When he refused to fight for the USA he betrayed all the other black men who gave their lives. I don't think it had anything other than fear why he wouldn't go.

Do you really think he was going anywhere other than to a photographic studio in uniform?

As far as governments are concerned celebrities joining the military is about creating positive PR, not placing their lives at risk on the front line and dying..that would definitely be bad for business.

He was also a very wealthy man back then. Why didn't he go and live in some African country if he was so miffed with the USA. I'm sure he could have helped, greatly, a poor nation.

He may have had a troubled time while growing up. This turned him into a racist, this is the crux of the matter. He hated ALL white people.

Did he really? Then can you explain why he retained Angelo Dundee as his trainer for over 40 years?

Also, any explanation as to why he traveled to Ennis in County Clare in September 2009 to receive the freedom of the town where his great grandfather Abe O'Grady was born?

Whilst there he met & spent time with a number of his Irish cousins.

He was not in the best of health during that visit so why bother? There was no reason for that visit other than to acknowledge his Irish blood & be honored by an enormous crowd of mainly white people.

If as you say, 'he hated ALL white people' why not tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine?

Did he really? Then can you explain why he retained Angelo Dundee as his trainer for over 40 years?

Also, any explanation as to why he traveled to Ennis in County Clare in September 2009 to receive the freedom of the town where his great grandfather Abe O'Grady was born?

Whilst there he met & spent time with a number of his Irish cousins.

He was not in the best of health during that visit so why bother? There was no reason for that visit other than to acknowledge his Irish blood & be honored by an enormous crowd of mainly white people.

If as you say, 'he hated ALL white people' why not tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine?

Perhaps hate was a bad choice of words... But he did see the himself as part of the superior race...

---------- Post added 09-01-2014 at 17:15 ----------

I don't know how you've arrived at that conclusion, but if you do presumably you'll appreciate how the US government let them down also?

Without question.

---------- Post added 09-01-2014 at 17:16 ----------

Why did he? I know you won't reply because you know you don't want to waste time.

His avoided fighting alongside them, he let them down.

Perhaps hate was a bad choice of words... But he did see the himself as part of the superior race…

Didn't many whitefolk in America saw themselves as the superior race, and hated ALL black people too?

Should those whitefolk be forgiven for the things they did and said 40 years ago?

Archived