URGENT HELP- FAILED MOT, even though one was issued last month

If the dealer puts an MOT on it and then invalidates that MOT before he sells it then he has not sold a road legal car and you should be able to get the money back.

It was advertised as road legal with a valid MOT to prove its worthiness to be driven, if that was not the case at the point of sale then you are in your rights to get a refund I would say.

I doubt it was a matter of bad luck. It worn out too soon. I could test the car for less than 2 miles because the dealer said they had no insurance to drive the car on the motorway. It was more like drive around the block test. The dealer knew what he did. The tyres, the wiper blades etc

---------- Post added 07-01-2014 at 20:08 ----------

consumer direct is closed. Any suggestions? Thank you.

---------- Post added 07-01-2014 at 20:41 ----------

I emailed VOSA and Trading Standard Services to request advice. Can I drive the car in the meantime or is it an offence?

no insurance to drive the car on the motorway … christ, didn't this alarm bells ringing? Not a garage on Holme Lane by any chance is it?

they asked for 153.12 for suspension arm

350 for two tyres and a battery :o

---------- Post added 08-01-2014 at 12:05 ----------

no insurance to drive the car on the motorway … christ, didn't this alarm bells ringing? Not a garage on Holme Lane by any chance is it?

I didn't realise it was even possible to obtain insurance that only covered certain roads????

I went to Halfords, but this is not the point. After all, it is my life which is more important. I do not want to have a crash because somebody only wants to get richer.

halfords are as bad as challenger and charlie browns. been ripped off by all of these.

vaux tyres on carlisle street for mots and tyres and a garage round the back will do the repairs for probable half of your quote.

whether you can drive it now or not is a bit of a grey area. it had a mot pass certificate. after 11 months you can take it for its next mot. i dont know if the failure certificate invalidates the pass cert. ask VOSA.

Just remember a mot is valid on the vehicles condition at the time of test only.

You welcome to call me and ill give you my opinion.

Failing that book in for a test and dispute at vosa hansworth.

If it fails a test the fail does not over ride but the car still has to be road worthy.

That is true. I did put a new battery on my brothers car at xmas tho, and we paid £46 for a premium Bosch battery.

So they better be some flippin good tyres for £150 a piece.

Obviously tho there's probably an eye-watering markup on parts and hefty labour charge stuck in there too.

That is true. I did put a new battery on my brothers car at xmas tho, and we paid £46 for a premium Bosch battery.

So they better be some flippin good tyres for £150 a piece.

Obviously tho there's probably an eye-watering markup on parts and hefty labour charge stuck in there too.

Yep..but the OP didn't say what the car is so we're only guessing...

Archived