House DJs wanted for upcoming event

pearcy2k8

I have spoken to other event organisers who have done Bassline house events before and they have had no reason to contact the police. -Who exactly did you speak to that told you this?

You are correct - this will be my first time at planning an event. I may be tempted to swing the genre to deep house rather than bassline so that the wrong crowd is not brought into the club. That being said though if there was any sort of attitude from anyone in the club they will be kicked out and dealt with accordingly. Can you inbox me regarding my venue choice as well, I am keen to make this event one that people will remember and not for the wrong reasons either. If I was going to put on any event, especially this type of event I would have chosen a venue more know for/suited to this type of event. As far as I'm aware bar 27 isn't a club? If you're plan for the event is just that the DJs get to play somewhere other than their bedroom then you'll probably be alright.

The aim of the night is to promote and showcase upcoming DJ's to give them experience of a club. As well as putting on music that others can enjoy as there are not enough house music events in Sheffield in my opinion apart from the regular ones at Fez.

When you say to showcase the DJs, how are you planning to promote the event to people other than the DJs friends? Are you trying to showcase the DJs to the public or other promoters ect. There are a number of other house events in Sheffield at venues other than Fez. There is however reasons these events arn't bigger or more frequent is because there simply isn't enough demand in Sheffield (regardless of what some house music fans will tell you)

As i clearly stated i would look at your proposal for your event and would be interested in what you have to say hello there regarding the venue
Having tried to contact the venue several times regarding different things and being either totally ignored or replied to then ignored I'd rather not waste my time giving you feedback. And no, I have no problem with the venue in general, but a polite answer to a question does a lot more than ignoring it.

Two totally different crowds IMO.

Deep House has been around a lot longer, since the early 90s...Smokescreen, DIY (Notts) and later on Spoof and Cheek. Probably the punters will be quite a bit older, know what they want and be friendly and chilled.

Bassline has that reputation for a skankier, even more violent night out - punters probably never heard of the Second Summer Of Love.

Two totally different crowds IMO.

Deep House has been around a lot longer, since the early 90s...Smokescreen, DIY (Notts) and later on Spoof and Cheek. Probably the punters will be quite a bit older, know what they want and be friendly and chilled.

Bassline has that reputation for a skankier, even more violent night out - punters probably never heard of the Second Summer Of Love.

Smokescreen joy im feeling so old now

EVENT CANCELLED !! As it seems to be too much effort to organise a music event intended just for music loves !!

If you are a DJ though please still get in contact with your promo mixes as I know people who may be interested!

NOTE TO ADMIN - Please close this thread

Hardware is Sheffield’s new underground Progressive experience with a deep passion for music that breaks away from the mainstream, developing its very own character with an ongoing influence of Minimal House, Techno & Psytrance.

Hardware shuns the instant melodies and loud exaggerated build-ups found in big room trance and is a haven for those who despise the overdone, almost cheesy sound of Anthem Trance & EDM.

Bursting the bonds of imitation, Progressive Trance has developed its very own character with driving beats, metallic synths, hard vocal stabs & dark building breakdowns.

Hardware is for true music lovers, taking you on a journey to the new underground sound of 2014.

Our sound is influenced from progressive trance artists from the around the world…..

Aquafeel, Symphonix, Audiomatic, Odiseo, Coming Soon, Day.Din, Fabio & Moon, Interactive Noise, Jiser, Flowjob, Phaxe, Klopfgeister, NOK, Krama, Hanzo , Kularis, Liquid Soul, Magnetrixx, Haldolium , Neelix, Montagu & Golkonda, Nordlight, Captain Hook, Normalize, Shiva, Chandra, Vaishiyas……and many more.

www.hardwaresheffield.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/hardwaresheffieldevent

Archived