Dial House Club goes up in flames

the club never stood a chance once bar 24 bought the property,there were others who wanted to take on the club but the option wasnt given,i for one hope the council refuse planning permission,the traffic on wadley lane dykes lane and dykes hall rd are bad enough at peak times without adding to it:rant:

Whether it's been burnt down for profit or whether it's been burned down simply because it's an empty building and there are plenty of people in Sheffield who seem unable to resist setting light to empty buildings is irrelevant now. I think the end result will be the same though.

they cant bulldoze the front as its a listed building,i felt so sorry looking at it this morning such happy memories for all our family,the club trips the easterbonnet and christmas parties and football presentations for the kids,thepensioners parties and outings the bowling section fishing section ladies section not forgetting all the top groups and concerts and all the charity concerts the dial has held over the years the last one being the tsunami which raised £5000 what sad day:( :(

they cant bulldoze the front as its a listed building,i felt so sorry looking at it this morning such happy memories for all our family,the club trips the easterbonnet and christmas parties and football presentations for the kids,thepensioners parties and outings the bowling section fishing section ladies section not forgetting all the top groups and concerts and all the charity concerts the dial has held over the years the last one being the tsunami which raised £5000 what sad day:( :(

... and there was me thinking 'good riddance' because of the memories of being forced to participate in the easter bonnet parade and go to those pantomimes which always seemed to feature Paul McShane!

It is actually sad to see these clubs go though - they were really good for bringing communities together.

Can anyone remeber when the Bay City Rollers played at the Dial and around 200 police officers had to atttend the place due to a massive punch up?

I remember going into the dial on boxing day night for a good few pints and entertainment with my mates, it was chock a block back then. I pass this place every day and will miss it if it does get raised to the ground.

I'll try to get some more pics of it tomorrow and post them on here

Archived