Dial House Club goes up in flames

I cant believe its burnt down! I live down road from it but stayed at my blokes house in Stannington last night so missed all the comotion.

There is ash allover the cars from the fire even in stannington.

Its a real shame

I held my dads 50th at the Dial House last April, the function room was lovely and spacious!!

i cant belive it has burnt down, but like so many people are saying, its most likely to be an insurance job as it has been closed for a while now!!! :rant:

South Yorkshire Police - Appeal for Information - Sheffield 2

Police are appealing for witnesses to a fire at a disused club in Sheffield which they believe was started deliberately.

The fire at Dial House Club in Ben Lane, Wisewood started in the early hours of today, Friday 3 March. The building has been disused for a number of months.

No one was on the premises at the time, and no one has been injured.

Officers say that early indications are that the fire was started deliberately, and it is therefore being treated as suspicious.

Anyone with any information should contact Ecclesfield CID on 0114 296466.

OMG, Looking at the pics of dialhuse club, what a dam hame it had to end up like that. It brought back a lot of memories seeing thi pic.

I have had many a good night in there, with friends that are no longer wth us.

I think the mindless idiots who have one this should be birched, f it was still leagal. :loopy: :loopy: :loopy:

isnt it funny last week all the large tables and chairs and the stainless chillers were removed and the week before all the acoustic equipment was removed,my neighbour fetched me a copy of the proposed plans for the development, councilor mead appealed a few weeks to bar 24 and sent them a letter to suggest the front of the club the part that is listed could remain as a club/pub so that the bowling green which they have got to replace would not go to waste and clubs members would still have their dial house,no answeer was ever recieved,the whole thing stinks:confused: :confused:

Fires aren't the end of the world for listed buildings - that's what insurance is for.Here's one that burned down and got rebuilt!

Hmmm... The Dial House club and Windsor Castle are so similar :huh:

Wow, another building in that area that's burned down during failed planning permissions. Loxley Country Club, Pine Grove, now Dial House Club. Someone more cynical than me would think there was strange goings on afoot. No doubt it was an accident, despite there being one fire in the concert room and a seperate one in the corridor. I just hope that the owners had adequate insurance..........

No doubt it was an accident, despite there being one fire in the concert room and a seperate one in the corridor. I just hope that the owners had adequate insurance..........

The police believe the fire was started deliberately in the early hours of the morning. A time when the mindless scrotes who start fires for fun would surely be tucked up in their beds ?

Archived