Grenoside angel pub best in village

nikben1

I went in just before Xmas , could not believed how busy it was' then realised why very friendly staff and customers,very clean and excellent prices,l don't know the owners but must say this is by far the best pub in grenoside. Certainly no idiots or drugs like the pub next door

Guest makapaka
I went in just before Xmas , could not believed how busy it was' then realised why very friendly staff and customers,very clean and excellent prices,l don't know the owners but must say this is by far the best pub in grenoside. Certainly no idiots or drugs like the pub next door

Who's running it now? Matt?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1094302 - Post #8

I have a friend who lives on Blacksmith and we're not a million miles away ourselves. There are no problems to report that I'm aware of (and I'm 99.99999% sure there was no murder there! Think Jamesey is definately thinking of High Green!)

Both Red Lions at Grenoside are very pleasant restaurant style pubs so I would be more than amazed if there were any drugs raids taken place at either! Several years ago The Angel may well have been subject to such a raid but since Chris and Debbie took over, they've turmed it round completely and its the best pub in the village now (in my opinion of course!)

Hope that helps :-)

i went in the angel last night and met the landlord in person chris durrans . he thanked me for my post on here by buying me a pint .he is a very nice chap to speak too and introduced me to his son and daughter who work behind the bar .it is nice to see a pub doing so well in these hard times so keep up the good work chris and staff thanks nikben1

---------- Post added 11-01-2014 at 19:17 ----------

been in today for football free food brilliant atmosphere top pub

I went in just before Xmas , could not believed how busy it was' then realised why very friendly staff and customers,very clean and excellent prices,l don't know the owners but must say this is by far the best pub in grenoside.Certainly no idiots or drugs like the pub next door
That's news to me, I know some decent people that go in the Old Harrow. I'm glad the Angel is doing well, but to insult another pub and its customers to gather more support for the Angel is most unfair.

So i take it this place still doesnt sell real ale, just rubbish keg beer....... and horrid cats ...... lager

Perhaps if more people like you frequented the pub then maybe they would have it on, for all I know they may sell it, I don't know. But if all they have on is the other stuff you mention then maybe it's because they don't have the support of people like you and they can't afford to buy a barrel on the off chance that you may pop in for 2 pints.

Archived