Hadrians Wall 2007

wE ARE A GROUP OF WOMEN WHO ARE GOING TO WALK HADRIANS WALL IN 2007 IN AID OF DONNAS MUM WHO SADLY PASSED AWAY LAST SEPTEMBER. WE ARE RAISING LOADS OF CASH FOR THE MACMILLAN NURSES WHO LOOKED AFTER HER AND WE NEED SPONSORS. ALSO WE HAVE ORGANISED A CHARITY AUCTION AT BALDWINS OMEGA ON 2ND SEPTEMBER 2006, AND NEED TO SELL TICKETS AND ALSO OBTAIN AUCTION ITEMS. CAN ANYONE HELP. PLEASE LET YOUR FRIENDS KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING AND SPREAD THE WORD.

THANKS

BARBARA, DONNA, RACHEL AND FRIENDS

Hi all

I am one the women walking with Babsie in 2007.

And by the end of this you'll know my real life name.

Last year we walked 60km and raised nearly £9000 for Breakthrough Breast Cancer. We all had our own reasons for walking. Mine was my mum. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1998, and after a mastectomy, radiotherapy and chemo was given the all clear. However 2 years later she started to get back ache, and it was confirmed that the cancer had spread to her bones (establishing in her spine and pelvis).

She fought very hard against this disease, she was part of the trial group for the Herceptin, which she did because she knew by doing so she would be helping others.

Unfortunately she died on October 5th last year, just a week after I walked my 60km. Her life and her death was made easier and more comfortable for her by Macmillan Cancer Relief, and they gave our family an incredible amount of support.

So me and the other girls decided not to hang up our fundraising hats and go walking once again.

If you can give us any help or support it would be much appreciated.

If you want to find out a bit more about us you can visit our Blog

http://trekkin4teri.blogspot.com/

Thanks guys,

Donna

Archived