Childline - racist bullying on the up.

You're making a claim. I don't have the information to agree or disagree, so I'd need to see the your evidence to support your claim.

If you are truly interested then you will look for the information yourself, if not then I am happy for you to live in ignorance.

When will the mods come on to tell you to stop bickering? This one is a real bickerfest. This is a serious subject about children, so give over, or you will all be sent to your rooms, tut tut.

Asking for evidence to support claims is hardly bickering.

---------- Post added 09-01-2014 at 22:05 ----------

If you are truly interested then you will look for the information yourself, if not then I am happy for you to live in ignorance.

Look up logical fallacies.

Playground bullying is being exaggerated by an over protective society, and bubble-wrapping' children will just stop them developing the skills needed to cope with lifes challenges. Learning to cope with name-calling and teasing will help them cope in later life, you only have to read this forum so see that name calling carries on through into adulthood, its just something some people do to to make them selves feel better about their own sad life.

Children are not always nice to each other, and will always find reasons to pick on each other, its usually the odd one out that ends up being picked on the most, when I was at school a long time ago, it was freckles, ginger hair, being fat, getting a spot.

Leaning to cope as a child will help them cope as an adult, because adults are not always nice to each other, and will always find reasons to pick on each other.

Playground bullying is being exaggerated by an over protective society, and bubble-wrapping' children will just stop them developing the skills needed to cope with lifes challenges. Learning to cope with name-calling and teasing will help them cope in later life, you only have to read this forum so see that name calling carries on through into adulthood, its just something some people do to to make them selves feel better about their own sad life.

Children are not always nice to each other, and will always find reasons to pick on each other, its usually the odd one out that ends up being picked on the most, when I was at school a long time ago, it was freckles, ginger hair, being fat, getting a spot.

Leaning to cope as a child will help them cope as an adult, because adults are not always nice to each other, and will always find reasons to pick on each other.

And if you noticed, the ones who do not bully others rise to the top of a company or their profession, cos they channel their energy into their work, into the problems of society, and onto how to add value more and their self esteem jumps up. The ones who doesn't, only pick, shouts, point at others, complain, moan, and continue to attack others, demoralise them. Because what ? That they want to bully others out of their way so that they could get what they want instead of trying hard to work with others to create something good in their life ?

When you get older, it is not the playground any more. You feel better and is more of a responsible person because by then, you have to take care of your own family, your own careers, colleagues, and work in a mutual beneficial way. That is just common decencies isn't it ?

I moved away from Sheffield before, and I just recently moved back into Sheffield again, and I saw a child also again being absolutely mouthy on the bus, and she (yes, it was a girl!) shouted rather loudly at this quiet young boy sitting next to this elder gentleman. Her mate was an asian boy and he thought that it was pretty funny, but then the young boy was half scared until the older gentleman stepped in to tell her off. Then her words were exactly "what ?? What did I do ?". She is not aware of her own actions. Exactly how does she becomes responsible of her action on others and learn through life and grow up to be mature and responsible ?

When I was at school, I did not see this kid of thing happening. I also did not see girls "cackle" out of evilness. Yes, there may be tears and there may be traumas, but the teacher usually steps in to intervene, but in this day and age, are you suggesting that children should fight, rather than for the adult to step in to say a fair word to stop them from killing each other? When I was at school, kids KNEW the word "respect".

The other flip side of course is that, if children were loved at home, then they would not try to find this kind of social love by being more obtuse to begin with to get people to play with them in a louder manner. That is how I see it. If you do not teach children, then they do not learn.

Archived