Childline - racist bullying on the up.

I think that any views where it comes to racism when a child is so young must come from the parents . And , because the kids have access to the internet ,it could come from there too . It is up to the adults to teach tolerance but unfortunately this does not happen in some house holds . It is a sad state of affairs I am afraid. Some of my ex boyfriends are Muslim & they were lovely . It just didn't work because our cultures clashed . I feel we must teach our kids to be more tolerant & set an example , but I just feel it wont happen .

My mrs mate was a classroom assistant who wears a Hijaab and some little 14yr old knob ripped it off her head and shouted racial abuse at her a couple of months back at hinde house school, sad really....

---------- Post added 08-01-2014 at 21:16 ----------

Some learn it from their parents.

I totally agree with this Mafya, that's the trouble. Im sure people don't realise that our children learn just as much about life at HOME as well as school. If we, as adults taught ourselves how to mould our children into good, honest individuals, then wouldn't this alleviate any racism/bullying/dis respectfulness toward others? It may sound like a perfect world scenario, but its not that difficult. My two, just like others children, have grown into normal tolerant human beings, which wasn't that difficult to promote. Its all about human nature, and having tolerance for others, but not tolerating any forms of "isms" against anyone, regardless of their culture. Your wifes friend must have been horrified what this child did, but what made him/her do it in the first place?

This is a wake up call for the left wing agenda, ie that all about immigration is good. Liberals are responsible for this bullying with there ridiculous attempt at making Britain multi cultural..

---------- Post added 09-01-2014 at 00:16 ----------

I think that any views where it comes to racism when a child is so young must come from the parents . And , because the kids have access to the internet ,it could come from there too . It is up to the adults to teach tolerance but unfortunately this does not happen in some house holds . It is a sad state of affairs I am afraid. Some of my ex boyfriends are Muslim & they were lovely . It just didn't work because our cultures clashed . I feel we must teach our kids to be more tolerant & set an example , but I just feel it wont happen .

And there you have it in a nut shell. This is why there will never be racial harmony.

There has been more immigration from Poland than from Muslim countries in the lifetime of most primary school children, so I do not see why immigration per se should be linked to racist bullying against children.

More needs to be done to counter the prevailing and wrong belief that all Muslims are terrorists and that the Quaran endorses acts of brutality and violence. It doesn't.

During the decades of violence in Northern Ireland, how many people asked 'Is it those Christians again?'

Correct : none.

My mrs mate was a classroom assistant who wears a Hijaab and some little 14yr old knob ripped it off her head and shouted racial abuse at her a couple of months back at hinde house school, sad really....

What was the outcome? Was the kid expelled?

How does that translate into racist bullying in schools? What's the process?

You should be telling me, because you seam to know more about racists, islamophobia and xenophobia than most people.

In other words you haven't got a clue. You make a claim and throw it back without any justification or explanation other than a veiled insult.

You link the bullying of individual children with "failed" immigration policy?...dynamic bit of deduction there. :roll:

Bullies including children tend not to think of the complexities of government policy (failure or success), they tend to amplify or replicate simple thought processes of their peers, which in turn are simple thoughts more likely held by their parents...the same type of parent who knock out government policy and the way children act upon one another as somehow synonymous.

What was the outcome? Was the kid expelled?

He was expelled till his parents were called in to school and my mrs said that her friend told the school that she didn't want the police involved or anything and that it was dealt with internally by the school.

I will ask the mrs how the child was dealt with as I didn't the exact details.

He was expelled till his parents were called in to school and my mrs said that her friend told the school that she didn't want the police involved or anything and that it was dealt with internally by the school.

I will ask the mrs how the child was dealt with as I didn't the exact details.

why would the police even be mentioned here ?what was the child accused of here ?

There has been more immigration from Poland than from Muslim countries in the lifetime of most primary school children, so I do not see why immigration per se should be linked to racist bullying against children.

More needs to be done to counter the prevailing and wrong belief that all Muslims are terrorists and that the Quaran endorses acts of brutality and violence. It doesn't.

During the decades of violence in Northern Ireland, how many people asked 'Is it those Christians again?'

Correct : none.

I can only assume that you haven't read it.

---------- Post added 09-01-2014 at 07:11 ----------

In other words you haven't got a clue. You make a claim and throw it back without any justification or explanation other than a veiled insult.

You link the bullying of individual children with "failed" immigration policy?...dynamic bit of deduction there. :roll:

Bullies including children tend not to think of the complexities of government policy (failure or success), they tend to amplify or replicate simple thought processes of their peers, which in turn are simple thoughts more likely held by their parents...the same type of parent who knock out government policy and the way children act upon one another as somehow synonymous.

Children don't need to know about government policy for it to be the primary reason for the alleged increase in racist bullying. Cause and effect.

I take it that unlike Halibut you don't think there is a link between the two.

Archived