Christmas Sales Down For Retailers

oh yea definatley, they're the worst ones out there.

"Put the item in the bag"

"take the last item out of the bag"

"put the item in the bag"

"please wait for assistance"

All I want to do is buy a sandwich!!!!!

That brings back some horrible memories :hihi: but the ones I've used as Tesco and Sainsbury's are just as bad.

Even when everything works smoothly (which is rare) The Machine still tries to hurry me out of shop: "Please take your items from the bagging area" while I'm still in the middle of packing :roll:

at least the bagging area is usually a decent size.

the one in most morissons seems to be able to only hold half a bags worth of stuff, and considering they've made their bags thinner you don't really fancy putting much heavy stuff in one - so you end up doing abit of a balancing act.

Ah, Aldi, the supermarket of choice for those too tight to shop at Waitrose :)

(Lidl is the supermarket of choice for those who used to shop at Netto)

Liddl not for me. Aldi however sell good products.

Waitrose is ok,but M n S food blows them away.

The thing is places like Aldi and Lidl are only cheaper for some things and not others, plus the choice is more limited and people know what they like. How many people can be really bothered to think something along the lines of I'll go to TESCOS for food and Aldo for cleaning products?

The thing is places like Aldi and Lidl are only cheaper for some things and not others, plus the choice is more limited and people know what they like. How many people can be really bothered to think something along the lines of I'll go to TESCOS for food and Aldo for cleaning products?

I go to Aldo for shoes.

Anyhoo, Home Bargains for cleaning and household products, once every 6 months, just buy loads and stick them in the cellar.

Three high street giants were brought down to size today as Morrisons, Marks & Spencer and Tesco all revealed they had a disappointing Christmas.

Morrisons suffered the hardest as sales slumped 5.6 per cent in the six weeks to January 5 on a like for like basis compared with a year earlier.

At Marks & Spencer, sales in the all-important general merchandise, which includes womenswear, was down 2.5 per cent- worse than analysts had expected – on a like for like basis in the 13 weeks to December 28 compared with last year.

Tesco saw sales drop 2.4 per cent in the on like for like basis, with chief executive Phil Clarke blaming tough trading in groceries with customers shifting to discounters, online and convenience stores.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/retailers-hit-by-disappointing-christmas-sales-9048261.html

Now I live near Crystal Peaks so I naturally use Sainsbury's, Iceland and local markets.

I wonder if the recent news about Marks & Spencer allowing religious staff to refuse meat and alcohol sales might be the deciding factor as well as the horse meat scandal rocking Tesco in recent years.

Why is it natural ?

I also live within 5 mins drive of Crystal Peaks and I shop at Waitrose.Naturally !

Archived