Proof that Americans ARE STUPID ?

The guy texted the daycare centre that was looking after his kid, before the movie even started. How would that spoil the movie?[/b

]If you think that's an example of someone going out of their way to cause unecessary annoyance to other people, how do you cope when somebody asks you the time of day?

I'm guilty of not reading the entire story then. The shooter was obviously someone who was walking a mental tightrope of some sort and that's why it's important not to unecessarily annoy someone as you never know the particular mental state they're in particularly in this society because they might be carrying a weapon and fists are no good in that situation.

Road rage is a particular situation to avoid. I never carry a firearm while driving or biking but "Kid Loco" who cuts right in front of you causing you to stand on the brake pedal just might be as several people have apparently found out

I'm guilty of not reading the entire story then. The shooter was obviously someone who was walking a mental tightrope of some sort and that's why it's important not to unecessarily annoy someone as you never know the particular mental state they're in particularly in this society because they might be carrying a weapon and fists are no good in that situation.

How was the victim causing unnecessary annoyance ?

How was the victim causing unnecessary annoyance ?

You would have to ask the man who shot him.

My point is aside from this is dont act ignorant, inconsiderate, rude, offensive because you never know who you're messing with. There are a lot of disturbed people out there who are probably near breaking point. Modern life and it's stresses and strains

You would have to ask the man who shot him.

My point is aside from this is dont act ignorant, inconsiderate, rude, offensive because you never know who you're messing with. There are a lot of disturbed people out there who are probably near breaking point. Modern life and it's stresses and strains

So, in your opinion, was the guy texting to check on his kid (before the movie started) being annoying by doing so?

So, in your opinion, was the guy texting to check on his kid (before the movie started) being annoying by doing so?

Not to me. I'm a pretty level headed guy most of the time but how can I speak for the man who shot him? I would be annoyed had the victim been texting during the actual movie because those iPhone screens show up very bright in the dark.

As I already mentioned i did not read the news article enough in detail and didnt read he was texting before the movie started. Must do better

• 1 year later...
Could you mark out American states on a map? Hardly.. I'll bet. So why is it so important for Americans to know all about European states when most of you couldnt find Vermont or Idaho on a map... without the Google eyed monster of course

To equate an American state with a European state shows ignorance and arrogance simultaneously.

Ignorance in that European states- we use the term countries, normally have international legal status eg Netherlands or a significantly different culture

eg Catalonia.

Arrogance to equate the importance an American state with a European country eg Rhode Island and Demark?

Arrogance to imagine that it is somehow OK not to know that an Italian and a Pole have slightly more differences than people from Vermont and Idaho.

Expats have an irritating habit of going on and on about their new country and denigrating their old one in a natural attempt to justify their decision. You don't have to do that, you've left. If you do want to tell us about your new country please take do it right and take time to listen or read some of Alistair Cooke's work.

We here also forget that the reason Americans appear to be less well informed about us in Europe than vice versa is that we watch, read and listen to much more American culture. Both sides lamentably stereotype each other and create images which do not reflect the attitudes, aims and aspirations of ordinary people.

---------- Post added 15-10-2015 at 08:19 ----------

... The teacher had to break into a Biology lesson and teach him about photosynthesis and chloroform.

I bet that made the class go to sleep.