Proof that Americans ARE STUPID ?

To be fair, if you grow up in a warm climate, you have little experience with really cold weather. I won't say how old I am, but I have seen snow exactly three times in Northern California in my lifetime. (so far, not counting the mountains)

A trip to the Sierras or foothills will always find someone standing on the side of the road, shivering in a T-shirt, shorts and flip flops and arguing with the chain control guys who won't let them through. The sun was shining on the valley floor when they left and they're stunned to see snow and ice at the higher elevations.

Granted, throwing boiling water anywhere is probably a bad idea, but people do all kinds of dumb things. I regularly see all kinds of folks who are just as clueless dealing with extreme heat in the summer.

Edited by Sierra

HOW MUCH?!?!?!

I may be of limited intelligence, but the last time I checked, which was a few years ago now, the population was only 300 million.

And the last time I checked before that (about a decade ago) it was 250 million.

I thought GW Bush Inc closed them borders between Texas and Mexico :loopy:

Them borders? :hihi: You dont close borders and cause thousands of vehicles to pile up in a massive traffic jam

You obviously need to travel first,see for yourself and then comment later

Well in the race to the bottom, in education is it seems a fight to hold onto such a prize, and we in the UK and the US can be proud of having won such a prize

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/going-backwards-uk-literacy-and-numeracy-standards-slip-down-international-rankings-8979588.html

Its hardly surprising we are doing so badly in the education rankings when you consider how many non English speaking kids we have in our schools.

Its hardly surprising we are doing so badly in the education rankings when you consider how many non English speaking kids we have in our schools.

I know. Their spoken English is as bad as many of the British-born adults on here.

A trip to the Sierras or foothills will always find someone standing on the side of the road, shivering in a T-shirt, shorts and flip flops and arguing with the chain control guys who won't let them through.

Excuse my ignorance, for I am of limited intelligence, but what's this about chain control? :huh: