Proof that Americans ARE STUPID ?

Just a little joke about their flippin Anthem, lighten up, you'll be tell us all about the Mayflower in a minuet.:hihi:

What could be more imperialisitic with words such as?

"Bring her victorious, happy and glorious"

Have they changed the above words to relate more to the present time or is there still a strong sentiment to go out and conquer?

At least the Germans no longer sing the words "Deutchland UBER alles" :D

---------- Post added 11-01-2014 at 20:46 ----------

The last line of their National Anthem is a joke. Land of the Free, ( yeah whilst slavery still existed) and the Home of the Brave, (I hope they are not on about the Indian Brave,) look how long their Homes existed courtesy of the Americans,:loopy:

The first settlers to spread westwards were the Americans of English, Scots, Scots-Irish, Dutch and German ancestry. Their British cousins had already grabbed India, much of Africa and were busily fighting the French and Spanish for even more territory.

Hello! Is this history lesson lost on you?

Edited by Harleyman

The last line of their National Anthem is a joke. Land of the Free, ( yeah whilst slavery still existed) and the Home of the Brave, (I hope they are not on about the Indian Brave,) look how long their Homes existed courtesy of the Americans,:loopy:

Love the indian brave thing. :hihi:

What could be more imperialisitic with words such as?

"Bring her victorious, happy and glorious"

Have they changed the above words to relate more to the present time or is there still a strong sentiment to go out and conquer?

At least the Germans no longer sing the words "Deutchland UBER alles" :D

---------- Post added 11-01-2014 at 20:46 ----------

The first settlers to spread westwards were the Americans of English, Scots, Scots-Irish, Dutch and German ancestry. Their British cousins had already grabbed India, much of Africa and were busily fighting the French and Spanish for even more territory.

Hello! Is this history lesson lost on you?

Oh! here we go, right on Q, the authority on America has spoken, not bad to say your from Tinsley really. What a joker you really are, a Plastic American, I'll ask you a question but I know you won't honor me with a straight honest answer, hypothetically if America and Britain were at war with each other with which country would your loyalties lay and hence which country would you fight for?????:suspect:

Oh! here we go, right on Q, the authority on America has spoken, not bad to say your from Tinsley really. What a joker you really are, a Plastic American, I'll ask you a question but I know you won't honor me with a straight honest answer, hypothetically if America and Britain were at war with each other with which country would your loyalties lay and hence which country would you fight for?????:suspect:

Hypothetically I would in all probability open up a gambling joint/den of iniquity to service members of both sides. War profiteer ! That answer your question?

Before pointing the finger and seeing only the faults of another country you need to take a step back and look at how life was for so many in England in the 18th ans 19th centuries. Slavery there was not but there was child labour. Kids 10 and even younger working 12-14 hours a day. For stealing a loaf of bread, transportation for life aboard a rat infested wooden hulk to Australia. Flogging as a punsihment in the Royal Navy (I thought only slaves on plantations got that :D), treadmills, workhouses, one legged or one armed beggars on street corners who had served in the army or navy. So smarten up. I could suggest some reading on social issues and problems in the 19th century if you know one end of a book from another

Maybe you are a plastic Englishman for all I know. Where did your daddy really come from?

One thing I do know for sure is that your other AKA is PRESLEY. BTW I never trust anyone who uses capitals in their forum name. Sure sign of an overblown ego :hihi:

Edited by Harleyman

I would in all probability open up a gambling joint/den of iniquity to service members of both sides.

I don't think there's much profit in you servicing members of the armed forces, on either side..in fact it sounds positively queer.

Hypothetically I would in all probability open up a gambling joint/den of iniquity to service members of both sides. War profiteer ! That answer your question?

Before pointing the finger and seeing only the faults of another country you need to take a step back and look at how life was for so many in England in the 18th ans 19th centuries. Slavery there was not but there was child labour. Kids 10 and even younger working 12-14 hours a day. For stealing a loaf of bread, transportation for life aboard a rat infested wooden hulk to Australia. Flogging as a punsihment in the Royal Navy (I thought only slaves on plantations got that :D), treadmills, workhouses, one legged or one armed beggars on street corners who had served in the army or navy. So smarten up. I could suggest some reading on social issues and problems in the 19th century if you know one end of a book from another

Maybe you are a plastic Englishman for all I know. Where did your daddy really come from?

One thing I do know for sure is that your other AKA is PRESLEY. BTW I never trust anyone who uses capitals in their forum name. Sure sign of an overblown ego :hihi:

Firstly we don't sing land of the free, and what a cheek to mention the word Brave in any shape or form. Secondly it's a sure sign when you are losing the argument because you have accused me and others before about using different user names, talking of user names why don't you change yours to TINSLEY BOY OR MOPED MAN or even PLASTIC MAN. And yes I do know where my daddy(Father the grown up version) comes from, the answer is my Nan Nan( Grandmother also the grown up version) forget History lessons there you go a Biology lesson for you.:hihi: