Northern Lights visible from the UK today

Is anybody planning to try and see the aurora tonight? Apparently we will be able to see it this far down because of a massive solar flare. I'm hoping to catch a glimpse, but I live on bramall lane and, my windows face south, and North is the city centre which means plenty of light pollution. So I'm not really in the best position! Would love to know if other people manage to see anything though.

That's because it's over Fox House! (east of my kitchen window to be astronomically accurate) :rolleyes::P

What...The sky is just over Foxhouse? I must have gone blind on my jog.:huh: I thought it was the Fox that told the chickens the sky was falling down?:confused:

My mate see's the Northern lights quite often up in Inverness..

What...The sky is just over Foxhouse? I must have gone blind on my jog.:huh: I thought it was the Fox that told the chickens the sky was falling down?:confused:

My mate see's the Northern lights quite often up in Inverness..

I can't categorically state the authenticity of the fox and chickens story, but I believe it is based on solid astronomical observation. Chicken Licken was a well known local astronomer based in Hathersage, that much is true. But I believe that Skyfall was made in the neck of the woods where you're reporting from at the moment. As such, I'm temporarily confused. :huh:

Archived