OAP pass, getting out and about/potential cuts

Is that correct Annie? I didn`t know that, I thought everyone automatically got a bus pass when they reached 60.

I think you are correct in your thoughts.

if i may edit a little bit to say that, every one over sixty is entitled to a bus pass, they have to apply for it.

Edited by kidley

Being 60 years old does not entitle someone to a bus pass - in fact nobody gets them at this age now e.g. if you are 60 years old tomorrow you would not be entitled to free travel. The senior citizen pass is given when a person reaches pension age and this is increasing, women and men being equalised.

If it is you 60th birthday today ie a date of birth of 22/02/1954

Your ENCTS entitlement start date is 06/07/2019

You will be 65

Everybody will be entitled to one at the age of 66 if their birthday is after

5/10/1954

Thanks for that, ime a bit out of date then

I am not officially disabled (that I know of!). I have a pass because I have epilepsy so am not allowed to drive. I would actually be far more dangerous behind a wheel than most disabled drivers. Somewhere I may actually be classed as having some form of a disability.

When the pass first became free I thought I would prefer to have carried on paying some small token gesture fee tbh. But it's what happened, it became free, bus fares are expensive, and now, well, now I walk so much, it's not going to cause too much trouble.

But the way they are going about this. I only just became aware of it through a train driver friend, not via information in news media. Last I saw the SYPTE site still has it that the disabled pass gives full free travel across South Yorkshire. It's atrocious. They aren't exactly going out of their way to publicise it. Nothing on the buses, nothing from them or the council. It's making me angry, I want to go down into the office on Arundel Gate, make a lot of noise and hurt people. But I'm calming down now.

please sign this. people are slowly uniting against this..

you are disabled under the definition of the equalities act. However, I wouldnt like to force a label onto you that your npot happy with. http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/travel-south-yorkshire-stop-changes-to-the-times-the-disabled-encts-pass-is-able-to-be-used-and-to-make-the-passes-available-to-use-on-trains-and-buses?recruiter=47676067&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

please sign this. people are slowly uniting against this..

you are disabled under the definition of the equalities act. However, I wouldnt like to force a label onto you that your npot happy with. http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/travel-south-yorkshire-stop-changes-to-the-times-the-disabled-encts-pass-is-able-to-be-used-and-to-make-the-passes-available-to-use-on-trains-and-buses?recruiter=47676067&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

Thanks for the link, signed.:clap:

I am not officially disabled (that I know of!). I have a pass because I have epilepsy so am not allowed to drive. I would actually be far more dangerous behind a wheel than most disabled drivers. Somewhere I may actually be classed as having some form of a disability.

I agree with Verydull. You are very likely to be "disabled" within the meaning of the Equality Act 2010. in fact, it is estimated about 20% of the UK population are disabled.

I'm quite happy to find another label applies to me. I've got so many now another can't hurt.

I signed the petition, but I fear it's too late. The under-handed sneaky way they've gone about this is just the exact way they wanted. If we knew about this earlier we could have protested sooner. But it's all done isn't it? It's all signed sealed and passed? We're finding out now that the rulings been made that they going to do it, not that they are planning to do it. That's probably why they haven't said anything about it.

I am now on a mission due to this decision - and have been taking the train to Leeds 3 times a week...and intend to carry on doing so until the concession stops.

After then....I will still take the train to Leeds (and beyond)...but will have to cut it down to once, maybe twice a week to fit in with my budget.

Did I read somewhere that the train option only costs the SYPTE £10 per person each per year...then why could they not effect a charge for those who want to have the train facility on their card....I would be happy to pay considerably more than that to keep the concession. :(