OAP pass, getting out and about/potential cuts

you can only get a disabled bus pass if you don't have a valid driving licence.

I need my pass for my visits to zest gym and swimming baths.I go 3 or 4 times a week catching tram or bus about 6.50 am. I need this routine for my mental health. don.t see why should pay fare, probably have to walk there. Also my dropin centre MHAG is on about opening later, currently 10 til 4. Volunteers won.t be able to get there til 11. Our day trips will be affected as we use bus passes and trains. A nightmare, I,m gutted.

you can only get a disabled bus pass if you don't have a valid driving licence.

I need my pass for my visits to zest gym and swimming baths.I go 3 or 4 times a week catching tram or bus about 6.50 am. I need this routine for my mental health. don.t see why should pay fare, probably have to walk there. Also my dropin centre MHAG is on about opening later, currently 10 til 4. Volunteers won.t be able to get there til 11. Our day trips will be affected as we use bus passes and trains. A nightmare, I,m gutted.

my bold

I know you are wrong with that statement weaver (in bold)

Your compassion is underwhelming.

If stranded WALK to Hillsborough!!! What part of DISABLED and ELDERLY people are you seriously failing to understand????????????????????

If you have buses in Skyehouses then you are indeed lucky! Where exactly is Skyehouses....it's a new one on me...and I can't find it on Google maps???

And on that note I am going to walk away from this thread before I get a serious bout of "forum tourettes".

Perhaps if you spelt it correctly Sykehouses you might find it :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Perhaps if you spelt it correctly Sykehouses you might find it :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Do keep up dear....I had already said that I accidentally transposed the k and the y in the subsequent post. :P

Edited by julado

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26385176?SThisFB

Elderly and disabled passengers could lose vital bus services because of cuts in government funding, councils in England warn.

The Local Government Association (LGA) says support for the concessionary fares scheme has been reduced by over a third since 2010.

Under the scheme, councils have to provide free off-peak travel for those aged over 62 or disabled.

The government says it provides funding to meet subsidised travel costs.

Local authorities say the funding from central government for concessionary fares has been cut by £261m since the coalition came to power.

I think these cuts are a great idea, a friend of mine who works for network rail has told Me that as well as the 2 travel for half price new offer, we are likely to see more offers due to all the New spare seats which is great for all us hard working folk!

I think these cuts are a great idea, a friend of mine who works for network rail has told Me that as well as the 2 travel for half price new offer, we are likely to see more offers due to all the New spare seats which is great for all us hard working folk!

If you were working that hard, you wouldn't be asking for a seat!