OAP pass, getting out and about/potential cuts

Why doesn't it make sense? Believe me I know this subject well... you seem very negative.

Do you all ways answer a question with a question.

could you explain this very rude remark of yours

unless you have something intelligent to say please shut up.

Well, first time in a while I catch the bus in the morning. The driver was helpful enough to inform me, "you know you can only use that until the end of March". Kind of implying my brand new bus pass is about to expire, but it's better than the PTE has told me.

Well, first time in a while I catch the bus in the morning. The driver was helpful enough to inform me, "you know you can only use that until the end of March". Kind of implying my brand new bus pass is about to expire, but it's better than the PTE has told me.

Not disputing what you say but it seems crazy to give you a new pass if it's only valid for short period unless there's an underlying reason.

The pass isn't going to run out. It's going to expire next year as it should. Me writing my comment on my phone didn't help. It was more that he didn't explain that I would be unable to use my pass at that time in the morning. It's a disabled pass, so at the end of March it would no longer by valid at 7:24.

So I got my new pass from SYPTE. A leaflet from last year saying it's still valid everywhere at any time. No information that it expires at the end of March. A half-explanation from a bus driver that it "expires", (and sorry, my hurried/angry post on the bus from my phone).

There will be plenty of people with a disabled pass that will be completely surprised to find they cannot use their pass on the 1st of April before 9:30. Because the SYPTE just isn't telling anyone.

There will be plenty of people with a disabled pass that will be completely surprised to find they cannot use their pass on the 1st of April before 9:30. Because the SYPTE just isn't telling anyone.

From official documentation:

The Executive (SYPTE) may from time to time by giving a minimum of 28 days notice in writing vary the class of eligible person or nature of the concessions to be provided.

there are a few signs on buses scattered around, but yes a lot will think its an april fools joke

Its also on there website about the changes.

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/transportchanges/

Sorry but I don't think either of these constitute giving notice in writing. It therefore appears that the SYPTE have failed in their duty. I would therefore seriously question the legality of these changes.

Edited by CheekyBandit