Sheffield slavery victim is son of top cop

WOOFY

This is so bad. This is why I hate Sheffield and moved away.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/main-topics/general-news/jailed-sheffield-ice-cream-man-who-kept-slave-in-his-garage-video-1-6356821

Also, why is this man in this condition and why was his father not actually take care of him or to even help. Plus why is this man not turned to his own father for help? Presuming that the responsibility of fatherhood still stand.

The video footage really show very sick people's behaviours indeed.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/craig-kinsella-beaten-slave-worker-3006415

I actually find Mr Kinsella's words very disturbing.

No, if you were his natural parents and you wanted children, then children are for life. Not just until they are grown into adulthood. You pave for someone's life and you gave someone a life, then you need to be responsible and be there as always. Not to use your own son's situation to broadcast and to make yourself look good as a chief who deals with human traffiking ! This is ridiculous.

He was his adoptive father and adopted Craig when he was 12. We don't know at what age Craig moved out or how close they were.

He was his adoptive father and adopted Craig when he was 12. We don't know at what age Craig moved out or how close they were.

Even though I do not know this. I am still saying that if someone call themselves a "father" then this comes with the responsibilities. I cringe when I read articles like this. It is very upsetting to be honest. I do not wish to judge, nor to pry into their family's affairs. Yet, when I see that the man's dignity is practically taken away by the media and also the impact on his life. This is so wrong imho. I also do not wish to become one of these vigilantes who get the action into my own hands, but I can say that I am quite frustrated and really feel so deeply after reading this slavery in Sheffield situation.

Also, why was this captured on cctv also? I thought that people had privacy too in this country. It was also a misjudgment call also on the side of the paper to publicise this kind of footage even though we are in that all intense media internet age. Where is the ethical reporting gone to ?

Edited by salsafan

Also, why was this captured on cctv also? I thought that people had privacy too in this country. It was also a misjudgment call also on the side of the paper to publicise this kind of footage even though we are in that all intense media internet age. Where is the ethical reporting gone to ?

The people who held Craig captive had the cctv set up in their own garden probably to protect their ice cream vans.

They ended up filming themselves abusing Craig.

Therefore they proved their own guilt.

The people who held Craig captive had the cctv set up in their own garden probably to protect their ice cream vans.

They ended up filming themselves abusing Craig.

Therefore they proved their own guilt.

I see. Thank you for clarifying that.

He was unfortunate to get a house next to them at Southey.

Poor soul.

I wonder how they came to the conclusion that keeping him to do their menial work was a good idea. Warped. By the looks of things he wouldn't have survived long at that rate. At some stage they'd have been looking at committing murder, never mind what has happened.

How could that conversation possibly have played out? "Oh I know, why don't we pick on someone who can't stand up for themselves, keep them in the garage, feed them next to nothing and beat the living daylights out of them on a casual and regular basis. That way we'll get someone to do a bit of cleaning and not have to pay them. It's definitely worthwhile. What could possibly go wrong"?