Sheffield slavery victim is son of top cop

WOOFY

Families vary a lot in the way they demonstrate their feelings. It doesn't mean those feelings aren't valid or absent. Not being prepared to "sell your soul" doesn't make you a rubbish parent or child, it's probably healthier in my view. The point is that people do these things differently, and we need to respect that, especially when a family is going through a situation like the Kinsellas.

You have no way of knowing this. Why should he emote on TV to satisfy us?

You are also presuming that is how he feels, and why should he not be honest with himself, his feelings and with the general public ? Since he is a man in a reputable position and must tell the truth. Yet, he manipulated this situation to answer to the journalist without an ounce of emotion and remove the situation from his own family, to that of his work. Can you not see this at all ? I find that ridiculous too. He does not have to emote on TV to satisfy us. Nor should he use his own "son" to satisfy and remind citizens of what he does for a living too. I find that outrageous. He is using his own reputation and his job way above his own family affairs.

Situations like that should never happen. I'm not going to rave on this. It is a cruel situation and it is sad too.

Edited by salsafan

I moved away from Sheffield partly because of employment opportunities, but also partly because of the attitude of people socially and how scary they sound and are in this city. I also do tend to keep myself to myself and isolate myself so much more, cos I cannot believe how aggressive some people can be, but when you meet them, they are all fake, nice and act as if they have never said or done harm.

I used to think Sheffield was "normal" until I realised that it is not, and I can see what people say about racism, aggression and hooliganism and so forth. It certainly is not how I remembered Sheffield to be when I was a child. I was disappointed to see how people are, and how they behave when I first came on this forum. Now families are right to tell me to steer away from certain people, areas, and groups.

Dear me, I feel sorry for you if you feel "afraid", living in what is quite possibly the safest city in the country.

I am disabled, and I most certainly don't go gibbering my way through the city I live in, seeing muggers and murderers hiding round every corner.

If anyone ought to be worried about their safety, surely it should be me? Of course, I take precautions... I don't go out with bling, flashing my money or a massive mobile phone, going "Here, look at my valuables, come and mug me!" I am self-aware, and don't put myself at risk.

My goodness, I mean, I even manage to travel through so-called "no-go" areas like Sharrow and Pitsmoor without someone "riding shotgun" for me!

(quote) "How scary folk sound and are in this city"? Again, that warrants another "Dear oh me!" for goodness sake, Sheffielders are really freindly, for crying out loud!

Nnow no-one can fault someone for moving away for a job, certainly, but you make it sound like you were living next door to the Kray twins.

I moved away from Sheffield partly because of employment opportunities, but also partly because of the attitude of people socially and how scary they sound and are in this city. I also do tend to keep myself to myself and isolate myself so much more, cos I cannot believe how aggressive some people can be, but when you meet them, they are all fake, nice and act as if they have never said or done harm.

I used to think Sheffield was "normal" until I realised that it is not, and I can see what people say about racism, aggression and hooliganism and so forth. It certainly is not how I remembered Sheffield to be when I was a child. I was disappointed to see how people are, and how they behave when I first came on this forum. Now families are right to tell me to steer away from certain people, areas, and groups.

I understand you had your personal reasons for moving away from Sheffield and no-one can change your mind about that but not all people in Sheffield are scary and aggressive, you can't tar everyone with the same brush. I and lots of my friends and family are good, honest, hard working and caring passionate human beings who have lived in Sheffield all of our lives. We despise scum like the Rookes and cruel individuals who inflict pain, misery and suffering to others. I admit there are certain people from certain areas that I feel so far removed from and would never in a million years want to associate with. I've seen some of their profiles on facebook and it makes me feel quite sick that some of these people live in my hometown, believe me, so I do understand what you mean about that. Unfortunately these types do exist and they exist all over the UK. A very sad fact but true nonetheless. The only thing you can do is do everything in your power to steer clear of these people and these areas and they will not personally cause you a problem. There are some fantastic people and places in Sheffield and they far outweigh the bad, that's why I would never turn my back on my hometown. I live in chesterfield now, which I like very much but that's not because I don't like living in Sheffield, it's for travelling and work/family purposes and I wouldn't think twice about living inSheffield again if the situation changed and I had too because I love it!

Dear me, I feel sorry for you if you feel "afraid", living in what is quite possibly the safest city in the country...

For your information, I have met you in person before.

I came to realise this a very long time ago. People are only friendly towards you if you accept them and behave like they do, and take on their absolute value, and side with them too. If you don't, then they are less than likely to show compassion , or to actually be there for you.

To me, I value the simple basic respect without conditions or dramas when I have lived in other cities. There are no "challenging" behaviours that I encounter in those cities comparably to those that I receive here in this city.

I was also one of these child that was never part of the industrialised period of this city whereas my family was. So my outlook is more hopeful, and more forward, and not to also let the past continuously haunt me too. I realised what my parents did for me, and I treasure that truly.

I came to realise this a very long time ago. People are only friendly towards you if you accept them and behave like they do, and take on their absolute value, and side with them too. If you don't, then they are less than likely to show compassion , or to actually be there for you.

To me, I value the simple basic respect without conditions or dramas when I have lived in other cities. There are no "challenging" behaviours that I encounter in those cities comparably to those that I receive here in this city.

I was also one of these child that was never part of the industrialised period of this city whereas my family was. So my outlook is more hopeful, and more forward, and not to also let the past continuously haunt me too. I realised what my parents did for me, and I treasure that truly.

I have never met plain talker yet the other week I offered to go to her house and help her with something, I offered only because she could not do it herself, if she could have I would have told her to get off her arse.

You don't have to meet someone to show compassion and a helping hand towards a fellow human being.

I have never met plain talker yet the other week I offered to go to her house and help her with something, I offered only because she could not do it herself, if she could have I would have told her to get off her arse.

You don't have to meet someone to show compassion and a helping hand towards a fellow human being.

Compassion is not necessarily doing. It can also be listening, understanding, giving sympathies where it is due. Challenging, fighting, being antagonistic, berating is not being compassionate.

Sorry, I have nothing more to say on the matter. I am just glad that this guy is out of his situation.

Ok, you've met me in person... I don't recall this, I don't think you made yourself known to me as "Salsafan". Was *I* frightening? did *I* threaten you? I very much doubt it. I don't "do" a "threatening" demeanour.

I treat people as I expect to be treated.

Ok a quick point Sheffield isn't scary or aggressive.

Now back on topic, I had the human trafficking awareness training which was delivered by mr kinsella. He was extremely passionate about his work and generally seemed very nice.

When I read the article about him being Craigs adoptive father this really saddened me. This was because I can't help but wonder why he only touched base with Craig at Christmas? Yes he was an adult, but he was an adult with additional needs. Mr kinsella (the dad) had knowledge and expertise about similar incidents so with this in mind and being aware of slavery and involved in the prevention of it surely his instincts should have been to check up on Craig more so.

Perhaps Craig kept company of undesirable friends in the past and this could have led to a breakdown in communication especially if it could taint mr kinsellas good name?

I'm suggesting this as Ihave known vulnerable adults who have kept bad company risking their own childrens safety etc.

what the rooke family did to Craig was unforgivable and I hope they never get the chance to hurt another human being , as for Craig I hope he is supported and manages to live a better and happy life.

Craig could be another example where adult social services should have been involved!

Dear me, I feel sorry for you if you feel "afraid", living in what is quite possibly the safest city in the country.

I am disabled, and I most certainly don't go gibbering my way through the city I live in, seeing muggers and murderers hiding round every corner.

If anyone ought to be worried about their safety, surely it should be me? Of course, I take precautions... I don't go out with bling, flashing my money or a massive mobile phone, going "Here, look at my valuables, come and mug me!" I am self-aware, and don't put myself at risk.

My goodness, I mean, I even manage to travel through so-called "no-go" areas like Sharrow and Pitsmoor without someone "riding shotgun" for me!

(quote) "How scary folk sound and are in this city"? Again, that warrants another "Dear oh me!" for goodness sake, Sheffielders are really freindly, for crying out loud!

Nnow no-one can fault someone for moving away for a job, certainly, but you make it sound like you were living next door to the Kray twins.

I do not expect you to treat me like this, but obviously you expect others to fight with you and to continue to fight rather than to accept what I said as my opinion and not actually as you want me to be. Maybe that is where I got the impression that others only want to accept you cos you end up like they are.

This world is a very big place, and people differs, and opinions differs. I have nothing more to say to you.

I did not expect you to show little sympathies, and also to say that I need to toughen up just because I am not you and deserve less.