Sheffield slavery victim is son of top cop

WOOFY

I do not expect you to treat me like this, but obviously you expect others to fight with you and to continue to fight rather than to accept what I said as my opinion and not actually as you want me to be. Maybe that is where I got the impression that others only want to accept you cos you end up like they are.

This world is a very big place, and people differs, and opinions differs. I have nothing more to say to you.

I did not expect you to show little sympathies, and also to say that I need to toughen up just because I am not you and deserve less.

I never said anything about toughening up or deserving less. Try reading what I wrote. (NOTE :- edit to clarify:- I neither said anything of the sort to you, either on here or in person.

---------- Post added 11-01-2014 at 00:38 ----------

what Jenz said, below...

Ok a quick point Sheffield isn't scary or aggressive.

Now back on topic, I had the human trafficking awareness training which was delivered by mr kinsella. He was extremely passionate about his work and generally seemed very nice.

When I read the article about him being Craigs adoptive father this really saddened me. This was because I can't help but wonder why he only touched base with Craig at Christmas? Yes he was an adult, but he was an adult with additional needs. Mr kinsella (the dad) had knowledge and expertise about similar incidents so with this in mind and being aware of slavery and involved in the prevention of it surely his instincts should have been to check up on Craig more so.

Perhaps Craig kept company of undesirable friends in the past and this could have led to a breakdown in communication especially if it could taint mr kinsellas good name?

I'm suggesting this as Ihave known vulnerable adults who have kept bad company risking their own childrens safety etc.

what the rooke family did to Craig was unforgivable and I hope they never get the chance to hurt another human being , as for Craig I hope he is supported and manages to live a better and happy life.

Craig could be another example where adult social services should have been involved!

Edited by Plain Talker

who cares? what do they deserve ?

Why would you think that? Is keeping slaves not bad enough?

Any property damage will mean an insurance payout for these scumbags who will most likely sell up and move away, a good kicking on the other hand is them feeling some pain like they did to Craig.

I have a son with Autism and learning difficulty and believe me this case has made me angry too..

What if the garage fire had spread to neighbouring houses?.

I agree this is a very distressing and sick act to happen in this day and age.

It is so sad that vulnerable people dont get help and better treated.Thankfully those at fault in this case have now been held accountable for their actions.

It is not for anyone to judge about the Kinsella family.We all need to take lessons from this horrible incident, and hopefully move forward...

The Family who did this are to blame. I do however feel somebody who is a vulnerable adult should have had services in place, points of contact etc. loss of contact is a warning sign so all I am saying is perhaps this could have been acted on/prevented. The line of work mr kinsella is in meant he had the knowledge and expertise to spot warning signs.

---------- Post added 12-01-2014 at 19:23 ----------

I don't think that anyone should be reading too much into the fact that this poor victim is the son of a police official and that they have not been in frequent contact. We just don't know the personal circumstances which are not up for conjecture.[/

The line of work he is/was in was human trafficking which involves slavery if you had done the training as I have then you too may have been shocked to learn this news. I will once again state it was those animals who are to blame and their sentences far from reflected their crimes in my opinion

• 10 months later...