Any views on the renault grand scenic??

We had a Grand Scenic for about 4 years. Fantastically economical (65 + mpg to Stansted Airport on the A1), nice driving position, pretty comforatble seats, very spacious inside.

However this was offset by awful build quality, terrible resale value, continued ongoing problems with the electrics, problems with the windows falling off the supports (5 times in 4 years), very poor handling,

Personally I would not recommend them at all

• 1 year later...

Anyone getting a grand scenic,

Pretty good car overall but if you get the parking brake fault cause and fix is below.

Caused by a possible few things, battery flat or removed, brake calliper seized and the unit pulls one cable to much, cable broke (very rare but there is a work around now), parking on uneven ground (i.e. one wheel on curb).

To fix this problem 99.9% of the time its your brake calliper that stuck, put your card reader into the slot press and hold the start button for about 5 seconds until the dash beeps and lights up, realise the handbrake and hold it while it unwinds, next free the calliper by working it with WD and a 13 spanner (or full strip down) then put card back in and start the car work the hand brake a few times then go to your local garage and hook it up to there code reader (must be TECH2 eg. like snap on or renault clip) get them to clear the codes and your good to go!

Replace battery, easy one just hook a battery save up to it while replacing.

Cable broke, Ebay for cables, if people want a strip down for unit let me know.

Parking with one wheel higher eg. curb, don't park there lmao.

Apart from that good solid car and easy to work on.

Hi illuminati9, yes the renault is a cheaper alternative to other cars such as mazda5 ect. but people are worried about electronic problems on the renault, but in all truth they are fairly easy to fix and don't really go wrong. Its a better car than the zafira I had, much more room and great for long distance as for the only beef I have with the car its very boring to drive because of the auto lights, wipers, triptronic auto box, in fact the whole cars Auto lol.

Thats why for short journeys and nipping around we purchased a 307cc.