Mr clegg the condom

your missing the point though he would have tried and i imagine and know the goverment made some strong allowances but as i said libs were the third party they cant go into a room saying we want this that and the other .

Who's missing the point?!

So what if Cleggy was the third party?

He still had some influence at the negotiating table and should have held out for a better offer, instead of jumping into bed with the Tories :roll:

Should somebody who's obviously such a poor negotiator and a political lightweight be Deputy PM of the country?

NICK CLEGG - COMING SOON TO A FOODBANK NEAR YOU

Who's missing the point?!

So what if Cleggy was the third party?

He still had some influence at the negotiating table and should have held out for a better offer, instead of jumping into bed with the Tories :roll:

Should somebody who's obviously such a poor negotiator and a political lightweight be Deputy PM of the country?

NICK CLEGG - COMING SOON TO A FOODBANK NEAR YOU

how do u know what he tried the negogiate?

I think he has negotiated some very solid things that a lot of people (and the media in particular) are simply choosing to ignore.

The most noticeable is the raise to 10K for tax exempt wages, but there are other things like same-sex marriage, the pupil premium scheme, the shared parental leave and plenty more. The one thing you can criticize Clegg for (and I frequently do) is that he is not very good at bringing the LibDem message come through strongly. Too often he lets the Tories pip him to the post and let Danny Alexander appear on telly to deliver a bad news statement.

I do think Vince Cable has done a very good job so far and has managed to sort a lot of stuff out both publicly and in the background. Did Clegg do the right thing? Yes. Government isn't black and white, tough decisions have to be made and they were, had they not agreed to the Tories coalition this country would be up the creek at this moment in time.

tell me jason did you watch benefits street ? thats what labour did 26 thousand pound a year to not work for a lot on that street now the goverment is actually doing something about it people moan .

And you couldn't see that the programme was more set up and stage planned than a pantomine,i expected to hear shouts of "hes behind you" or "oh no you can't- oh yes i can":hihi::hihi:

And you couldn't see that the programme was more set up and stage planned than a pantomine,i expected to hear shouts of "hes behind you" or "oh no you can't- oh yes i can":hihi::hihi:

every documentry is stage managed to a point

---------- Post added 10-01-2014 at 18:44 ----------

I think he has negotiated some very solid things that a lot of people (and the media in particular) are simply choosing to ignore.

The most noticeable is the raise to 10K for tax exempt wages, but there are other things like same-sex marriage, the pupil premium scheme, the shared parental leave and plenty more. The one thing you can criticize Clegg for (and I frequently do) is that he is not very good at bringing the LibDem message come through strongly. Too often he lets the Tories pip him to the post and let Danny Alexander appear on telly to deliver a bad news statement.

I do think Vince Cable has done a very good job so far and has managed to sort a lot of stuff out both publicly and in the background. Did Clegg do the right thing? Yes. Government isn't black and white, tough decisions have to be made and they were, had they not agreed to the Tories coalition this country would be up the creek at this moment in time.

100% spot on really annoys me the bad press libs get they had to clear the mess up in sheffield and was never gave chance now the city is worse than ever

They all (regardless of income) have access to money to go now, it might cost a lot but over a lifetime it is well worth it, besides, the loan conditions are extremely favourable for the students. Tell me how that is bad Jason?

I'm finalising a PhD at Loughborough Ross, should be done soon...

---------- Post added 10-01-2014 at 15:20 ----------

Because hundreds of thousands of jobs in this country rely on these loopholes.

Except that all UK students could all go to university for free and the vast majority received a grant ( ie, were paid to go in the past ). In 1980 I received a grant of over £2000 a year (about £8000 a year in today's money) plus travel expenses and finished with a positive bank account rather than a millstone around my neck that current students face.

What were the alternatives for the LibDems?

Well, they could have kept some dignity and refused to form a coalition with either party.

Then they wouldn't have had to renege on pledges that they made during the election.

That's what makes them virtually unelectable now. That, and the fact that they keep on saying one thing and doing another whilst in Government.

Nobody likes a liar. Nobody like deceit. They will get whipped in the Euros and at the next General Election.

---------- Post added 10-01-2014 at 20:02 ----------

your missing the point though he would have tried and i imagine and know the goverment made some strong allowances but as i said libs were the third party they cant go into a room saying we want this that and the other .

They can. And they can refuse to cooperate with the Tories whenever they want to. They hold the balance of power, yet they are behaving like Cameron's puppy dogs.

Well, they could have kept some dignity and refused to form a coalition with either party.

Then they wouldn't have had to renege on pledges that they made during the election.

That's what makes them virtually unelectable now. That, and the fact that they keep on saying one thing and doing another whilst in Government.

Nobody likes a liar. Nobody like deceit. They will get whipped in the Euros and at the next General Election.

---------- Post added 10-01-2014 at 20:02 ----------

They can. And they can refuse to cooperate with the Tories whenever they want to. They hold the balance of power, yet they are behaving like Cameron's puppy dogs.

Very good post spike and i agree with you,Nobody likes a LIAR!!

Archived