Jabu - Chinese Dumplings and Fondue

Just wanted to give the thumbs up to this fantastic little cafe/restaurant on London Rd. Me and my mate went for tea last night (having walked past it a million times and said "we must go there one of the times") and it was absolutely fantastic.

We did feel a little daunted, never having done the fondue thing before but the two waitresses could not have been any more helpful. They recommended dumplings - which were beautiful and really reasonable at £4 for a portion big enough for 2 to share - to start then gave us some advice about what meats and veg to order, and how much. When the soup arrived and was boiling away they showed us how to cook it and recommend amazing dipping sauces (the sesame one is delicious). We got complimentary orange and melon with the bill too - which was only £25 for the two of us.

Really really enjoyed it - felt healthy and pleasantly full and will definately be going back.

Keep up the good work!

Oooh, we were in there last night aswell!

It's our second visit (we last went in August last year) and the waitress remembered us!

The food's great, and it must be healthy (cos you're just cooking loads of raw stuff yourself so know know what you're eating!). It's also very busy with Chinese customers, which is always a good sign.

Lovely place for a different kind of meal out....

I think this actually called a Steamboat rather than a fondue. Yes it is delicious although I have not tried this one.

We call it hot pot, I am a Chinese myself and I am from Beijing, Jabu is the only place I go for a proper hot pot meal, traditional Beijing style!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We call it hot pot, I am a Chinese myself and I am from Beijing, Jabu is the only place I go for a proper hot pot meal, traditional Beijing style!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have a chinese friend from Beijing in sheff and know a couple of malay chinese over there. If you fancy dim sum sometime with a group of us give me a shout. I may be in Dim sum on London Rd with Lyn on thurs or fri.

Paul

Archived