Clegg stumbles when asked what the minimum wage actually is

It was trailered quite heavily as a question and answer session.

Despite what you say, surely the man should have at least prepared for all circumstances, especially one that is so well publicised and should be known by anyone in the public eye as he is.

Yes but he got it right. He stumbles over his words a little, but doing interviews that's not uncommon, knowing these days that everything is so highly scrutinised. As this link and thread clearly shows.

What is it?

And only 4% of jobs in the UK pay minimum wage so its hardly the average.

---------- Post added 10-01-2014 at 16:15 ----------

Yes but he got it right. He stumbles over his words a little, but doing interviews that's not uncommon, knowing these days that everything is so highly scrutinised. As this link and thread clearly shows.

Really? he got it right?

So what is the point of this thread?

Bonkers!

What is it?

And only 4% of jobs in the UK pay minimum wage so its hardly the average.

---------- Post added 10-01-2014 at 16:15 ----------

Really? he got it right?

So what is the point of this thread?

Bonkers!

Watch the link before making nasty comments ... he said it maybe £6.21 or £6.31 after dithering and umming and arring.

Watch the link before making nasty comments ... he said it maybe £6.21 or £6.31 after dithering and umming and arring.

You perhaps need to watch it again.

He said £6.31 first. Then when asked directly, which was becuase she saw that he stumbled a bit. He then said it's recently gone up to either 6.21 or 6.31, I can't remember which. Either isn't maybe.

Why don't we start more threads of other stumbles like when he was explaining how increases are worked out? The the the... the what? Stop stumbling over words Clegg :roll:

It was perfectly clear to me. And the answer sounded like how increases are worked out, to me. Not just plucking figures out, like people do in here.

To be fair to Nicholas, for the past 5 years I've not known what I've been paid per hour...it's around minimum wage-ish, between 6.20 and 6.30 -ish, though if someone asked me directly I would have been guessing just like Mr Clegg.

If I don't know exactly what I earn per hour, I can't expect anybody else to.

To be fair to Nicholas, for the past 5 years I've not known what I've been paid per hour...it's around minimum wage-ish, between 6.20 and 6.30 -ish, though if someone asked me directly I would have been guessing just like Mr Clegg.

If I don't know exactly what I earn per hour, I can't expect anybody else to.

you dont get a pay slip that tells you?

I had not idea what it was and I don't know what I earn per hour. People just want to slag him off what ever he does. I am sure if he got it right, people on here would be saying he must have researched it.

I suppose there's a first for everything.

---------- Post added 10-01-2014 at 19:24 ----------

You perhaps need to watch it again.

He said £6.31 first. Then when asked directly, which was becuase she saw that he stumbled a bit. He then said it's recently gone up to either 6.21 or 6.31, I can't remember which. Either isn't maybe.

Why don't we start more threads of other stumbles like when he was explaining how increases are worked out? The the the... the what? Stop stumbling over words Clegg :roll:

It was perfectly clear to me. And the answer sounded like how increases are worked out, to me. Not just plucking figures out, like people do in here.

The man is a stumbling buffoon who cares for nothing but the advancement of himself.

Archived