At last - today i joined ukip.

Who will you vote for in the next general election?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for in the next general election?

The main opposition to EU membership is on the right (Tory Europhobes, UKIP and what's left of the BNP, NF, EDP, etc). On the left there may some old-fashioned Labour lefties, Respect and the small groups of Trots and anarchists.

The EU is largely a right of centre capitalist organisation. Those on the right who oppose it do so from a nationalist point of view (protect our borders, kick out the immigrants, etc).

I notice though that as part of his job Nigel Farage employs a German. Maybe his reason for ignoring his usual jobs-for-the-Brits line is that the German in question is his wife.

You lost this debate as well. When will you ever learn?

Trust me, i'm not proud of all he's done. I feel very queasy about the Bedroom tax. But we need to understand that the Lib Dems are quite a small bit of the coalition so we have to compromise.

---------- Post added 12-01-2014 at 22:32 ----------

You sure, http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/11/12/european-union-referendum-poll_n_4259327.html

Yes, even the EU thinks so,

"We assume Britain's leaving the EU so we don't even bother thinking about British sensitivities at the moment," said an official."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/10559458/We-want-a-United-States-of-Europe-says-top-EU-official.html

The Lib Dems are just a continuation of the Liberals.

hardly, the liberal party still exists (albeit as a new party created after the old party sold its soul - and not for the last time) independently of the libdems and has very different policies - especially on europe

hardly, the liberal party still exists (albeit as a new party created after the old party sold its soul - and not for the last time) independently of the libdems and has very different policies - especially on europe

I didn't know this. I looked them up but they don't seem to be particularly liberal, still campaigning for a big government. Or maybe I'm thinking of libertarian. Is there a proper Libertarian party in the UK. I'm sure they would get lots of votes.

I didn't know this. I looked them up but they don't seem to be particularly liberal, still campaigning for a big government. Or maybe I'm thinking of libertarian. Is there a proper Libertarian party in the UK. I'm sure they would get lots of votes.

or a party of librarians, would librarians want us out of Europe?

At least I learned that rape is wrong, Frank.

I had no idea you had a conviction. But at least the criminal justice system worked for you. Now keep your nose clean.

I don't know why you're so upset. I was trying to help you to not constantly embarrass yourself. You are becoming a figure of fun the way he always makes you look silly.

The main opposition to EU membership is on the right (Tory Europhobes, UKIP and what's left of the BNP, NF, EDP, etc). On the left there may some old-fashioned Labour lefties, Respect and the small groups of Trots and anarchists.

The EU is largely a right of centre capitalist organisation. Those on the right who oppose it do so from a nationalist point of view (protect our borders, kick out the immigrants, etc).

I notice though that as part of his job Nigel Farage employs a German. Maybe his reason for ignoring his usual jobs-for-the-Brits line is that the German in question is his wife.

What will never square for people like you LeMaquis is that I have total respect for our neighbours. Every single European country can rightly be proud of their heritage and their own unique culture. We Brits love Europe, hundreds of thousands of us travel there every single year to see the cultural and historical delights it has to offer, and in turn we welcome them here too. Europe, IMHO, is the greatest continent on Earth.

Right now having read that, I imagine your brain is hurting, because you have a hard time understanding, it just doesn't compute for you that an anti-EU person could like and respect other European peoples. In fact there are plenty of like minded people on the continent too, who want out of the EU. Are they also so anti-European that they're anti-themselves?

Archived