At last - today i joined ukip.

Who will you vote for in the next general election?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for in the next general election?

I'm beginning to question you're grasp of the English language Le Maquis.

If was up to the EU - try to understand it this time.

If you're going to criticise my grasp of English then do remember to put the word it in the sentence.

You still haven't provided any evidence for your claim that the EU wanted to bomb Syria. It didn't.

You still haven't provided any evidence for your claim that I compared Tony Benn to Hitler. I didn't.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/exclusive-young-people-want-uk-to-stay-in-europe-four-in-10-adults-aged-18-to-24-are-firmly-in-favour-of-membership-poll-shows-9006438.html

Like many issues this is a clash between the progressive and internationalist younger generation.

And a older conservative isolationist older generation.- much like same-sex marriage.

---------- Post added 14-01-2014 at 17:12 ----------

I'm beginning to question you're grasp of the English language Le Maquis.

Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/exclusive-young-people-want-uk-to-stay-in-europe-four-in-10-adults-aged-18-to-24-are-firmly-in-favour-of-membership-poll-shows-9006438.html

Like many issues this is a clash between the progressive and internationalist younger generation.

And a older conservative isolationist older generation.

It's a good point that there's a generation gap with younger people being pro-EU and older people being anti-EU. Typical UKIP voters tend to be in their 50s or older which won't help UKIP in the long term. It's just a nostalgia trip for the good old days of the Empire, grammar schools and Enoch Powell. In another 20 years it'll all be time immemorial.

UKIP do engage, as they are meant to.

I think what you mean is we should elect a bunch of nodding yes men that will agree to everything other parts of the EU put forward.

UKIP keep getting caught sleeping on the job. That's when they actually turn up at all.

And on the rare occasion they actually do attend a meeting, with their "Europe is bad" attitude, do you not think that will affect how the other MEPs - elected in order to move the EU forward - will act towards them?

UKIP being elected to the European parliament does nothing toward their end-game result of leaving the EU. All they can do is cost us money and waste other people's time, resulting in a worsening state of affairs.

I have no problem with people voting UKIP in elections that they can actually effect - general elections mainly - but it's a waste of time, effort and money putting these people in an office they publicly state they do not believe should exist.

But it's not, so why bring it up?

I have just moved from Sheffield to Newcastle upon Tyne. Sheffield is a lovely City. The reason I have moved here is to be near my family. That is also one of the things I intend to do, Join UKIP. There is to many foreign people in Sheffield. It is nice to walk round Newcastle city centre and not see women with veils on their faces. You may get the odd person wearing the Burka here in Newcastle but I can't remember the last time I walked round Sheffield centre and not seen a veiled woman. However it is only a matter of time before they move here.

I have just moved from Sheffield to Newcastle upon Tyne. Sheffield is a lovely City. The reason I have moved here is to be near my family. That is also one of the things I intend to do, Join UKIP. There is to many foreign people in Sheffield. It is nice to walk round Newcastle city centre and not see women with veils on their faces. You may get the odd person wearing the Burka here in Newcastle but I can't remember the last time I walked round Sheffield centre and not seen a veiled woman. However it is only a matter of time before they move here.

Don't forget the only reason them women wear veils is because the EU makes it mandatory for every 5th Muslim woman to walk around in a burkha.

---------- Post added 14-01-2014 at 17:32 ----------

We'll done you've managed to find three piece which want us to leave the EU. That proves beyound doubt that everyone most people in the UK want us to leave.

A recent study believed the UK would outstrip Germany as the most prosperous european nation within the next 3 decades wether in europe or not!

I believe it was in the FT over Xmas

So you'd leave the EU because a piece in a newspaper said that in 30 years we might be as rich as Germany?

Don't forget the only reason them women wear veils is because the EU makes it mandatory for every 5th Muslim woman to walk around in a burkha.

---------- Post added 14-01-2014 at 17:32 ----------

We'll done you've managed to find three piece which want us to leave the EU. That proves beyound doubt that everyone most people in the UK want us to leave.

Perhaps you can find some pieces with as many as 71% who want to stay.

Archived