At last - today i joined ukip.

Who will you vote for in the next general election?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for in the next general election?

For what reasons have you done that for...{genuine question}...

my quote has already answered your question. read it again please.

---------- Post added 11-01-2014 at 15:46 ----------

Actually I was commenting upon your streamlining comment. What do you mean by streamlining then?

to make it more efficient and cost effective. blocking a bed for four hours while your medication is sorted shows there is huge scope for improvement. these people should be sent home and their meds ordered from a local pharmacy. inconceivable why a hospital should have difficulty procuring commonly prescribed medicines.

fining staff for being at the clocking off station (see my other posts) more than 10 mins before hometime would save millions. ambulances parked outside A&E with patients for hours on end is unacceptable. reducing A&E workloads by making GP's tend to their patients instead of them having to go elsewhere would help this.

when my mother was dying in hospital, all the staff could do was moan about the £65 per day cost of the specially hired bed they were providing for her, the first of which collapsed giving her a right jolt. obviously it was not up to the job. why the hospital did not have their own stock of these beds i'll never know. mum wasnt long in passing away. on a mothering sunday, of all days. today would have been her birthday. i have always felt that her death was hastened by a lack of proper staff at weekends and perhaps the need to get her bed vacated.

the hospital has since got rid of over 100 staff. good. obviously they can manage without them. there are many more staff that are surplus to necessity. savings could be made.

my quote has already answered your question. read it again please.

---------- Post added 11-01-2014 at 15:46 ----------

to make it more efficient and cost effective. blocking a bed for four hours while your medication is sorted shows there is huge scope for improvement. these people should be sent home and their meds ordered from a local pharmacy. inconceivable why a hospital should have difficulty procuring commonly prescribed medicines.

fining staff for being at the clocking off station (see my other posts) more than 10 mins before hometime would save millions. ambulances parked outside A&E with patients for hours on end is unacceptable. reducing A&E workloads by making GP's tend to their patients instead of them having to go elsewhere would help this.

when my mother was dying in hospital, all the staff could do was moan about the £65 per day cost of the specially hired bed they were providing for her, the first of which collapsed giving her a right jolt. obviously it was not up to the job. why the hospital did not have their own stock of these beds i'll never know. mum wasnt long in passing away. on a mothering sunday, of all days. today would have been her birthday. i have always felt that her death was hastened by a lack of proper staff at weekends and perhaps the need to get her bed vacated.

the hospital has since got rid of over 100 staff. good. obviously they can manage without them. there are many more staff that are surplus to necessity. savings could be made.

Your making an argument for more investment into the NHS. For example, the wait for the patient's discharge medication is usually nothing to do with difficulty sourcing common medications, but more to do with overworked pharmacists who often have to prioritise more urgent jobs before they they can dispense the patient's discharge medications.

Compared to other comparable countries do you think we spend more or less than them on health care? The answer is less, we want a top ten health care system without a top ten budget. Of course their is waste and scope for efficiency savings, but this is common problem within most big organisations and the inefficiency's existence has nothing to do with a lack of will power, from both management of the NHS and the politicians, to remove it, but more to do with inherent problems with big organisations.

Decided to make it my new year's resolution to build a better future for everyone not just myself and my family.

Positive thoughts please.

Discuss!

First of all congratulations on joining a political party. While my personal politics are nowhere near that of UKIP (i'm a Lib Dem) is good that people get involved in politics across the spectrum.

Secondly what policies attracted you to UKIP? Was it the EU, Immigration, Grammar schools or Foreign aid. I mention them because they are the only policies UKIP actually has.

Personally i believe UKIP are a fad. And you could of unfortunately bought into them just has they're on the way out. I doubt you'll win a seat in 2015 and soon after that you'll fade into near background once again. Sorry but that's just my opinion.

First of all congratulations on joining a political party. While my personal politics are nowhere near that of UKIP (i'm a Lib Dem) is good that people get involved in politics across the spectrum.

Secondly what policies attracted you to UKIP? Was it the EU, Immigration, Grammar schools or Foreign aid. I mention them because they are the only policies UKIP actually has.

Personally i believe UKIP are a fad. And you could of unfortunately bought into them just has they're on the way out. I doubt you'll win a seat in 2015 and soon after that you'll fade into near background once again. Sorry but that's just my opinion.

Lib Dems :hihi:

What was it that attracted you to them? Was it their promise of free University? Or was it their own Mansion Tax proposal that even they won't back now? Or because they want criminals in prison to vote? Or maybe the bedroom tax?

Archived