At last - today i joined ukip.

Who will you vote for in the next general election?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for in the next general election?

Europe is a continent, a land mass divided into countries.

Europe isn't the EU, and the EU isn't Europe, you do know that don't you?

FYI I love Europe. I am a proud European. I am from Europe, I was born here in the UK.

I meant Europe in the context of the discussion, the EU. So do you see the EU as being our enemy?

Traitor? Wow your really scared of our European friends. The fact is the future is for a globalised world and a globalised economy. Their is no place for a small island full of people shouting go away at Johnny Foreighner.

I'm not scared of our European friends, they're our neighbours and trading partners. I am scared of what a handful of the EU political elite want to achieve, seemingly without consultation of the good people of Europe.

Federal Europe will be 'a reality in a few years', says Jose Manuel Barroso

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/10561464/Viviane-Reding-UKIPs-best-friend.html

No one was really surprised when Viviane Reding made her call for a "United States of Europe".

It is not merely that she is prominent member of the European Union's militantly federalist wing.

She also has ambitions to be the president of the European Commission.

When Mrs Reding talks of "a United States of Europe with the commission as government", she sees herself at its head.

Mrs Reding sees herself as the founding father, or mother, of a new federal union, the first president of a US of Europe in the heroic mould of George Washington.

European courts have too much power, says former Lord Chief Justice

The European Court of Human Rights is undermining Parliament's sovereignty and must "stop here", the former Lord Chief Justice has said.

Lord Judge warned that "activism" by European judges is creating a "very serious problem" and that Parliament should have "ultimate sovereignty".

He said that the European Court of Human Rights in its present form is “not answerable to anyone” and raised concern that “any judges” – however distinguished – “should have that sort of power”.

---------- Post added 12-01-2014 at 11:21 ----------

I meant Europe in the context of the discussion, the EU. So do you see the EU as being our enemy?

We are in the EU. That would make us our own enemy. :huh:

I'm not scared of our European friends, they're our neighbours and trading partners. I am scared of what a handful of the EU political elite want to achieve, seemingly without consultation of the good people of Europe.

Federal Europe will be 'a reality in a few years', says Jose Manuel Barroso

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/10561464/Viviane-Reding-UKIPs-best-friend.html

European courts have too much power, says former Lord Chief Justice

There's always been people like you who, scream at the mention of the EU. You seem to believe that the sole aim of the EU is to take your nationality away from you and make you wear a beret.

In terms of the United States of Europe. The rest of Europe dislike the idea just as much as you do. It'll never happen. It's a pipe dream by some bored EU sceptics. And just because you've got a few links of people saying it will means nothing.

---------- Post added 12-01-2014 at 11:30 ----------

We are in the EU. That would make us our own enemy. :huh:

Your doing your best to dodge the question. Is the advancement of the EU a threat to the UK, yes or no.

There's always been people like you who, scream at the mention of the EU. You seem to believe that the sole aim of the EU is to take your nationality away from you and make you wear a beret.

In terms of the United States of Europe. The rest of Europe dislike the idea just as much as you do. It'll never happen. It's a pipe dream by some bored EU sceptics. And just because you've got a few links of people saying it will means nothing.

---------- Post added 12-01-2014 at 11:30 ----------

Your doing your best to dodge the question. Is the advancement of the EU a threat to the UK, yes or no.

Clearly certain aspects of EU advancement are a threat to our sovereignty, see the link with comments by Lord Judge, he is saying the same, god forgive him a senior judge for foaming at the mouth at the prospect of European Court judges undermining our Parliament, why would that bother anybody when people such as yourself are wetting themselves with the idea.

Clearly certain aspects of EU advancement are a threat to our sovereignty, see the link with comments by Lord Judge, he is saying the same, god forgive him a senior judge for foaming at the mouth at the prospect of European Court judges undermining our Parliament, why would that bother anybody when people such as yourself are wetting themselves with the idea.

Ah yes because old judge are famed for their rationality. He probably said what he said just as he was on his way to his local UKIP meeting.

Also do you understand that the European Court and the EU are very different things. You do know that. Don't you?

Ah yes because old judge are famed for their rationality. He probably said what he said just as he was on his way to his local UKIP meeting.

Also do you understand that the European Court and the EU are very different things. You do know that. Don't you?

No, they're not.

The European court of human rights seeks to uphold the ECHR which we signed up for. The EU is a free trade body.

A free trade body :hihi:

Yes, once upon a time, bless your naivity.

OK, let's go along with the EU being solely a free trade bloc, its membership criteria requires all members to be a party to the ECHR. :suspect:

A little strange don't you think, for a body whose only interest is cross border free trade.

A free trade body :hihi:

Yes, once upon a time, bless your naivity.

OK, let's go along with the EU being solely a free trade bloc, its membership criteria requires all members to be a party to the ECHR. :suspect:

Yes and damn right aswell. The European Court of human rights is a court a where anyone in Europe can go and challenge their government over human rights abuses, we should be thankful it exists. The only reason countries have to sign up to the ECHR to be allowed into the EU is because it encourages country's such as Belarus to abide by basic human rights laws.

Also if the EU isn't a Fred trade body what is it. Well according to the likes of you it's a vicious dictatorship hell bent on making us all speak french. I think you've been born in the wrong decade.

In 2010 the lib dems received 23% of the vote. So nearly 1 in 4 people voted for the Lib Dems. Now please explain thd logic behind the "nobody voted for them statement"

---------- Post added 12-01-2014 at 10:42 ----------

Traitor? Wow your really scared of our European friends. The fact is the future is for a globalised world and a globalised economy. Their is no place for a small island full of people shouting go away at Johnny Foreighner.

23% is nobody, spread thinly around the nation. People vote for the big two because they stand for something. If your employer or partner told you they had 23% confidence in you would you feel emboldened? Wet pants doesn't have the votes to be 'kingmaker'. Ridiculously arrogant but to be expected from an out of touch patrician.

Archived