New owners of The Shakespeare!!

jemson

Technically music but primarily a comedy act really.

Hmmm... the kind of comedy that surely went out with the Barron Knights in the 70s? No thanks. It is true what they say about Yorkshire sometimes - people here really don't change much do they?

Hmmm... the kind of comedy that surely went out with the Barron Knights in the 70s? No thanks. It is true what they say about Yorkshire sometimes - people here really don't change much do they?

Nah, song parodies still going strong......

Anyway, the EPB's are only really a celeb name attached to the pub, it is an experienced pub manager actually running the place for them!

Went in on Sunday afternoon. Like what they've done with the interior - really smart. It was fairly busy and took ages to get served - just one bloke on behind the bar. Beer garden was full of kids. Mercifully no sign of the EPBs. Found the choice of ale somewhat underwhelming. Couple from Bradfield, couple from Blue Bee, the ubiquitous and bland Doom Bar and a slightly more interesting guest or two - Tring Brewery I think. If you want something on keg prepare to be disappointed. Stones cold (really), Coors Light, Kozel and Veddet. The latter of these was a not unreasonable £3.50 a pint. I think I'll stick to the Sheaf.

Went in on Sunday afternoon. Like what they've done with the interior - really smart. It was fairly busy and took ages to get served - just one bloke on behind the bar. Beer garden was full of kids. Mercifully no sign of the EPBs. Found the choice of ale somewhat underwhelming. Couple from Bradfield, couple from Blue Bee, the ubiquitous and bland Doom Bar and a slightly more interesting guest or two - Tring Brewery I think. If you want something on keg prepare to be disappointed. Stones cold (really), Coors Light, Kozel and Veddet. The latter of these was a not unreasonable £3.50 a pint. I think I'll stick to the Sheaf.

A very bitter post !!

In its first week too !! i welcome the addition to the Heeley real ale pub trail, and again welcome the fact the fewer keg beers introduced the better:)

I was once a big regular down the Sheaf view, a great pub, but service and queues got me down, so i use the White Lion now. A bit more expensive but keeps the numptys away and no queues...the addition of he Brothers Arms as a real ale pub , will now change my habits, a three way quality pub crawl.

Went in at the weekend, decor was smart reminded me of a Thornbridge pub and offers something different to the neighbors the Sheaf and White Lion. Did find the draft lagers a bit of a letdown to the neighboring pubs but they all taste the same apparently and it would not put me off visiting and this is probably something that will change unless they are tied to coors light and kozel.

Noticed the sign said live music, will that be in the main part of the pub downstairs ?or do they have another room ? it was so busy I didn't get the chance to move around much.

Like POUNDSWORTH said it is nice to have another pub makes a Heeley triangle of pubs and each one offers something different.