Anyone tried The Coffee Bean on Woodseats?

KatieK

I recently visited The Coffee Bean Cafe and Coffee Shop with my friend.

It was previously known as Cafe Oyes but it seems a family have taken over now. I want to be the first to say that I think it's a major improvement and I was very impressed.

The staff were wonderful, really friendly and chatty. On this particular visit, it was the mother and daughter working who were both really lovely and smiley.

The variety of coffees available is great and they even have a menu explaining what all the coffees are, which for me, a newbie to coffee, was extremely helpful lol.

Oh and the food.... I had a panini which was very tasty, the complimentary side salad was nice but the homemade coleslaw was the highlight for me. My friend had a jacket potato which was also presented nice and there were empty plates at the end!! Lol. I can imagine there might be a slightly longer wait on food if it's busy but it's well worth the wait, my friend said when she's been and it was busy the longest she waited was 15 minutes and the place was packed, but she didn't mind as she saw nothing but excellent service from the 2 women who made it their priority to make sure everyone was happy and not keeping people waiting long.

We also couldn't turn down the homemade cake, which we were told was made by the eldest daughter, well she told us herself actually as a fresh cake was placed into the cabinet by her. It was a chocolate fudge cake, it was to die for!! My friend had the carrot cake which was also heavenly (according to her anyway, I couldn't have eaten 2 cakes lol)

All in all, I will be going back and recommend it to anyone.... Has anyone else been in? Xx

I recently visited The Coffee Bean Cafe and Coffee Shop with my friend.

It was previously known as Cafe Oyes but it seems a family have taken over now. I want to be the first to say that I think it's a major improvement and I was very impressed.

The staff were wonderful, really friendly and chatty. On this particular visit, it was the mother and daughter working who were both really lovely and smiley.

The variety of coffees available is great and they even have a menu explaining what all the coffees are, which for me, a newbie to coffee, was extremely helpful lol.

Oh and the food.... I had a panini which was very tasty, the complimentary side salad was nice but the homemade coleslaw was the highlight for me. My friend had a jacket potato which was also presented nice and there were empty plates at the end!! Lol. I can imagine there might be a slightly longer wait on food if it's busy but it's well worth the wait, my friend said when she's been and it was busy the longest she waited was 15 minutes and the place was packed, but she didn't mind as she saw nothing but excellent service from the 2 women who made it their priority to make sure everyone was happy and not keeping people waiting long.

We also couldn't turn down the homemade cake, which we were told was made by the eldest daughter, well she told us herself actually as a fresh cake was placed into the cabinet by her. It was a chocolate fudge cake, it was to die for!! My friend had the carrot cake which was also heavenly (according to her anyway, I couldn't have eaten 2 cakes lol)

All in all, I will be going back and recommend it to anyone.... Has anyone else been in? Xx

:hihi: Well and truly rumbled, love it.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I can assure you all that I don't work there or own it. I'm a care worker.

I enjoyed my time at the cafe and wanted to write a review but didn't know how, my friend suggested I join the Sheffield forum and write it there as sometimes people write a review on here.

I'm sorry if people have took this the wrong way, Quite honestly this is the first forum I have ever joined and didn't realise people would take me the wrong way.

I wanted to share my experience and get a conversation flowing. I will be reviewing other places I visit in the future, unless you all think I work in those places too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived