Why do women cheat

no my girlfriend is fantastic but my mate not so lucky married 25 years and a slapper for a wife

Do you habitually use such unpleasant and derogatory terms about women?

Is your mate a perfect gent who's striven to make his marriage a success, or is he a something else?

I typed this nonsense in response to a thread that appeared and got taken away while I was typing.

It used the word "wives" in the question rather than "women" but maybe its still relevant:

... or appreciate what they have, compared to what they perceive they can get?

We live too long.

The human form and mentality was hardly designed for a monogamistic partnership lasting 50 years or more.

People used to die in their 50s or even earlier. Long before partners got worried about their future together.

It may be sensible for society to accept a norm that does not involve a lifetime partnership and does not design a system that ensures that breakup usually ends in bitterness, financial problems and the use of children as pawns because of it.

Do wives/women cheat more that the males?

Probably not ... but the repercussions of their leaving is more often in their favour.

Archived