Where can I get measured for a suit in Sheff?

Hi,

My mates wedding is coming up and I need to get measured for a suit.

Does anyone know of a decent tailor in/near the city centre or hillsborough where I can get this done? Any idea of a rough price?

Preferably I'd like to get it done this weekend but the couple of tailors I've found so far are only open Monday to Friday.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the reply! Just looking to get measured at the min.

My mate is buying suits from a shop in Manchester for all the best men/ushers and they'll then make minor alterations later.

He's just asked me to send my measurements so he can buy me one. Only ever bought suits from Burton's etc before though so no idea where to go get measured or if tailors even offer this service.

If they're being bought and then fitted later then you really don't need to know anything complicated, just your chest measurement, waist measurement, inside leg and a basic knowledge of whether you're tall, average or shorter than average (or you have particularly long body or arms, for instance). Anybody with a tape measure can do this for you- you don't need a tailor, but you do need someone else to help you out because it's really hard to measure your own inside leg because bending screws up the accuracy.

You will need someone to do the alterations later, but I assume you'll go over and get them done as a batch lot with all of the rest of the party?

My tips for measuring are not to hold the tape measure too tightly and wear the shoes you will be wearing on the day (or at least similar shoes with the same heel) so that the measurement will be accurate down to the bottom of the trouser leg just folding gently on the top of your foot.

Hi,

My mates wedding is coming up and I need to get measured for a suit.

Does anyone know of a decent tailor in/near the city centre or hillsborough where I can get this done? Any idea of a rough price?

Preferably I'd like to get it done this weekend but the couple of tailors I've found so far are only open Monday to Friday.

Thanks in advance!

try a funeral director

Archived