Pleb Gate. Average Joe would never get the same justice

The MP managed to get justice, Average Joe would likely suffer the misery of such an injustice with no chance of seeing the Police own up.

There is a real issue with gangs and gang culture, and it seems to me in a case like this, the Police portrayed text book gang behavior, cover up for your mates, have the boss rip into the victim, be intollerant to an early appology, and just bay for the blood of the victim (or in ghis case insure the victim is publically humiliated and loses his job).

Average Joe would be crushed by this gang.

The "incident" took place at the end of Downing Street which must have the best CCTV in the UK. So it was impossible for the copper to corroborate his allegation as the film showed he hadn't done what he had claimed. People accused of offences can assemble evidence as part of their defence - CCTV, witnesses, etc - and if they contradict what the police say then they should get off. Trust in the police's word against the word of the public has fallen dramatically in recent decades with the coppers fitting up numerous innocent people - Birmingham 6 et al - and so juries now are less likely to just believe the police when there's no independent corroboration.

As the cost of wearable technology falls ( and is reduced in size ), within a few years there will be many people recording

their everyday lives, don't be surprised if an MP or someone in public office produces a video to support their version of events

in a controversial situation. Of course the MP must remember to switch off the recording device when visiting his mistress/lover

otherwise there will be another Max Mosley situation. But then the mistress/lover must ensure her recording device is switched on...

...gets complicated doesn't it.

I think Joe public wearing a camera is also a great idea. There should be a device that continually records video and audio, for say 2 hours (then overwrites what happened 2 hours ago, so you always have the last 2 hours recorded). Then after any event (accident in your car, being fitted up by the police, whatever), you have a record to support your version of events.

Don't they already sell personal recording devices like these? Something you can just clip on?

Average Joe wouldn't have been hounded out of his job in the first place.

I'll bet most MPs leaving Downing Street these days are carrying recording equipment. It certainly proved useful when Mitchel went to meet the liars from the Police Federation.

I just caught up my reading on this piece of currents affair. So really, this is insubordination isn't it ? Shouldn't those involved be reprimanded severely for doing so ? It should be a privilege to be in the force and to serve. It should not be a place for bullies to exist and then backstab the government in the foot for doing their job.

I find that sometimes people forget their roles.

If those who are in the force wants to fight the government, then they should start their own political parties and truly get into the name of the game. Not to turn their own entity into chaos.

You are all aware of course that the actual cop he argued with has not been disciplined and sticks by his views? You're not? Back to the net then chaps.

But you're essentially right, if a normal member of the public kicked off they'd be nicked. They'd also be nicked for secretly tape recording people. Never mind.

Archived