Cars stuck on house drive need help Asap

Morning all,

Our ford focus is stuck on the drive which is on a slope.

The petrol gauge says there's 18 miles worth of petrol in the tank but because the cars on a hill it's not moving!!

Two options

Need a car to assist with towing it off the drive but I haven't got a tow rope and the car/ van would need to be quite heavy to pull our car as it's reversed on the drive

Or

The ford focus 08 has a special fuel funnel that should have come with the car but isn't there.

If any one has a ford funnel spare or could help me out that would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Grant

Morning all,

The petrol gauge says there's 18 miles worth of petrol in the tank but because the cars on a hill it's not moving!!

Two options

Need a car to assist with towing it off the drive but I haven't got a tow rope and the car/ van would need to be quite heavy to pull our car as it's reversed on the drive

Or

The ford focus 08 has a special fuel funnel that should have come with the car but isn't there.

If any one has a ford funnel spare or could help me out that would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Grant

Are you sure the funnel isn't in with the spare wheel/jack?

Morning all,

Two options

Or

Cheers

Grant

Cant you jack the back of the car up, start it and get the fuel through, then drop the jack and drive off ?

You should drag enough fuel through to be able to get off a drive.

---------- Post added 11-01-2014 at 11:20 ----------

It works because I have done this, once running it should pull it through.

---------- Post added 11-01-2014 at 11:20 ----------

Oh and chock the front wheels up first...

I have never heard of a car not moving because it is parked on a hill, is it faulty or are allot of Ford's prone to this, seems odd for a modern day car. Hope you get it started regardless.

It's short on fuel, I suspect the fuel pickup in the tank is on the opposite side to where the bit of fuel is.

Angel.

Archived