Acid attack from "friend".

Surely all niqabs are a disguise to some extent, as the wearer cannot be identified. :help:

Angel.

Whether something is a disguise or not surely depends on intent. Motorcycle helmets hide the wearer's identity but are rarely used because they do that.

The choice of words from the Guardian is interesting. They call the niqab a disguise.

and in some cases it has been used to that effect

That would be because it was used as one in this case.

I dont think they meant all niqabs are a disguise just the one used in this case.

Surely all niqabs are a disguise to some extent, as the wearer cannot be identified. :help:

Angel.

Whether something is a disguise or not surely depends on intent. Motorcycle helmets hide the wearer's identity but are rarely used because they do that.

A shame none of you read beyond the first paragraph before commenting on the stupidity of the whole fiasco (difficult I know, it contains the word "Muslim").

Mary Konye, 21, allegedly followed Naomi Oni home and attacked the Victoria's Secret lingerie shop assistant for once calling her ugly.

Oni, also 21, suffered serious face and chest burns, lost her hair and eyelashes and was left scarred for life by the attack on 30 December 2012.

The next day Konye sent a mobile phone message to her unsuspecting friend, who was in hospital receiving treatment, saying: "OMG, can't believe it."

<snip>

The pair, who had been friends since secondary school, fell out in April 2011 when Oni allegedly accused Konye of texting her boyfriend and called her an "ugly monster".

Konye is alleged to have responded by calling Oni a "slag" and a "ho".

So much for women being the fairer and gentler sex :roll:

A shame none of you read beyond the first paragraph before commenting on the stupidity of the whole fiasco (difficult I know, it contains the word "Muslim").

Mary Konye, 21, allegedly followed Naomi Oni home and attacked the Victoria's Secret lingerie shop assistant for once calling her ugly.

Oni, also 21, suffered serious face and chest burns, lost her hair and eyelashes and was left scarred for life by the attack on 30 December 2012.

The next day Konye sent a mobile phone message to her unsuspecting friend, who was in hospital receiving treatment, saying: "OMG, can't believe it."

<snip>

The pair, who had been friends since secondary school, fell out in April 2011 when Oni allegedly accused Konye of texting her boyfriend and called her an "ugly monster".

Konye is alleged to have responded by calling Oni a "slag" and a "ho".

So much for women being the fairer and gentler sex :roll:

My my, Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Archived