Ariel sharon dies

It was after the assasination of Bachir Gemayel by the Syrians. The massacre was in reprisal to this. Israel was allied to the Christian side in the Lebanese civil war at the time. The film "Waltz with Bashir" is about it.

Thank you for the link HH, I've just had a peek on YouTube and it looks like it's worth watching.

trust the Jew haters to swarm around this like flies. Not a whisper out of them of course when the real perpetrator Shabila and Shatila, Elie Hobeika, died 10 years ago. Unlike Sharon, they're not interested in dissing Hobeika and in fact you can bet that none of them have even heard of him. He wasn't Jewish.

though Sharon was only indirectly responsible for it Sabra and Shatila will always be a stain on his record. But in other respects he had a remarkable career and was especially in the later years of his life a surprisingly effective and also popular Prime Minister - for me at least, who had expected no such thing of Sharon and had hitherto believed him to be a soldier and no politician.

I will remember Sharon as being the PM who after the battle of Jenin, which the Jew-haters describe as a 'massacre', and after which so-called 'Zionist-controlled' media outlets such The Guardian described Israel’s actions as “every bit as repellent” as the 9/11 attacks, The Evening Standard, which said “We are talking here of massacre, and a cover-up, of genocide,” and The Independent, which spoke of a “war crime,” and The Times, which claimed there were “mass graves”, it turned out that a total of 75 people had been killed, a third of whom were Israeli soldiers and the rest nearly all Palestinian militants.

when Sharon visited Israeli troops afterwards, one of them asked him: “Why didn’t we bomb the terrorists from the air? That operation cost the lives of more than 20 of our comrades!” Sharon replied: “That is the painful and inevitable price that those who refuse to abandon their humanity have to pay.'

Archived