Worried about Nannan

DawnW

Hi,

I wonder if you can help. I'm trying to track down a man who delivers fish in the Ridgeway area. My Nannan has been sold a huge amount of fish twice in recent weeks, far too much for one old lady living on her own to get through. She can't remember whether she went out to a van or the seller was going door to door, but she does not get out very often now so I suspect they came to the door.

I appreciate that everyone needs to make a living but my Nannan is a vunerable old lady who had no need for this amount of fish. Does anyone knows who the seller could be, so I can get in touch and ask them not to visit again?

I hope you can help. Thanks, Dawn.

Have you reported this to the police? My wife says a friend of hers' elderley mother was targetted twice a couple of years ago in the Parson Cross area of the city. That was reported to the police at the time but unfortunately we do not know the outcome.

My wife told me that two men called at our house on friday selling fish.She thought it was a bit suspicious so took a photo of their van.You cannot see the reg of the van but it is a white citreon dispatch refridgeration van.we are in s13

so could be the same day they called on your nannan.They had a strong accent but my wife is rubbish at accents,she says it could be a geordie accent but it could be any broad accent to be honest!

This is the first time these men have ever called so it could be the same men looking for new targets,if its not them,then at least they can be removed from suspects list (so to speak).

Hi, we had a visit just before Christmas from 2 blokes selling fish door to door.

Gave us the talk about quality fish from Grimsby etc,etc, and they sell cheap. Fluttered a leaflet in front of me and when I asked to have a look or one of the leaflets suddenly said it was his last one! Mmmm, thought a bit suspicious and as we have a lot of pensioners living on their own across the road from us I kept a watch to see where they went. Saw me looking and hurriedly drove off! We reported this to our local Policing team with a description etc. Not very nice just cold calling and especially on very dark evenings.

Agree with above comments and report.

I don't wish to sound pedantic, but it might be a matter for Derbyshire police, depending on the address.

Cover both bases - better that way. May stop these (insert something rude) from preying on vulnerable people.

Archived