Worried about Nannan

DawnW

This may be an honest person trying to make a living. Too many assumptions are being made, did he "hard sell" that amount of fish or did the old dear ask for that amount of fish? If you go to a shop and ask for £200 worth of ice cream, it's not the sales staff job to question your request.

I would suggest that Azarrrs comments are about right, my Nan is in her 80's and if we told her not to buy fish of strangers she wouldn't. Maybe the lady should not be on her own if she is so easily confused.

No, they should be able live the latter years of their life as they wish. These low life prey on the vulnerable using high pressure sales tactics, they know exactly what they are doing. It also leaves the victim feeling embarrassed that they have been fooled. It might not have happened to you or someone close to you, that doesn't mean to say, god forbid, it never will.

No, they should be able live the latter years of their life as they wish. These low life prey on the vulnerable using high pressure sales tactics, they know exactly what they are doing. It also leaves the victim feeling embarrassed that they have been fooled. It might not have happened to you or someone close to you, that doesn't mean to say, god forbid, it never will.

I would bet they don't wish to live alone. (this is going way off topic, and we still don't know if she just decided she needs 3 Cod in her freezer for later) Everyone's accusing some bloke of forcing her to buy fish.

I would bet they don't wish to live alone. (this is going way off topic, and we still don't know if she just decided she needs 3 Cod in her freezer for later) Everyone's accusing some bloke of forcing her to buy fish.

Agreed that we don't know the facts, but from the sounds of it, it sounds more than a couple of fillets of cod. Maybe the OP will keep us informed.

NO we are not,we are trying to identify the seller ,so the op can get in touch with them to ask them not to call again as she has a LOT more fish than she needs.

When people are saying contact the police. What is it about what they are doing that is illegal?

Hopefully you get hold of the salesperson though. And as mentioned, perhaps get a sticker that says no canvassers. Yes some do ignore it, but it can do no harm.

Every Wednesday in the hackenthorpe beighton and surrounding areas a fish van comes round the name on the van reads Grimsby fish ! He's been coming round for years he's usually in Beighton around 9am I'm not accusing him tho.

its not him....these sell crap fish....not seen them for ages...from up north...

Archived