Buying a car on the Internet

Yes I did earlier this year and saved a lot.

It is a leap of faith, as I had to put down a £500 deposit with the order and then pay the balance BEFORE the car is delivered some 3 months later

I tell you my heart was in my mouth as I made the bank transfer of several £K.

You can have the car trailered at £300 or delivered for free,but it will have delivery milage, in my case 300.

I made sure I was going to be the first name on the log book NOT the second after the name of a garage.

Do a lot of searching on the net on how to make the purchase and the pros and cons.

I was worried, even tho' the reviews were ok that I had been taken for a ride(pun intended)

The car was delivered at the time and date stated,not a mark on it and 6 months on I'm happy.

I have had a look and there are several companies including one in Manchester, there are some really good deals but just that when something seems too good to be true it often is. Thanks for the reply. The first one I saw was £320 for trailered delivery or free if driven to you, in fact it said could still be delivered on a trailer but no guarantee of it. Oh it was £50 if you we3nt to London to collect it. The one in Manchester you do not pay anything other than £500 till the car has been delivered and you have inspected it.

Has anyone bought a car online? I have found a company online and the prices are very good, as much as 19% off some makes. Just seems such a big step from buying an item costing a few pounds to buying a car.

I don't buy vehicles on credit which pretty much rules out the main dealers, they just refuse point blank to actually give me a cash price that isn't full RRP.

I searched online and then used a local broker to get a similar price to that. Wasn't quite ready to go the full internet experience, but probably would the next time.

Archived