Soffits and fascias

Hiya

Can anyone please help/advise... I got a few quotes to get my guttering soffits and fascias replaced, 2 quotes were from a private one man band and a company with similar price and I just got a leaflet from first choice fascias which quotes me less than half their prices..... Anyone know them or their work?

Also what can I expect to pay? I have a large enough detached house....

If one quote is half of what 2 others have quoted alarm bells should start ringing.

I kind of agree with John Hope but as a sole trader my overheads are low so quite often I'll be the most competitive on price. I'm also not VAT registered which can add quite a lump to the final price.

Rani, PM your address and what you've been quoted & I'll take a look on google earth & street view and tell you if the price is fair.

dont do it, i went with one irish 'company' one man came -----i cant open my windows more than 2/3" i paid £600 and my neigbour told me a few days later he offered to do hers for £250 if your having it done make sure you have a known company

• 2 weeks later...

Archived