Accused celebrities in the news today.

Do you have evidence to back that up or you just stating something that you made up?

Im speaking from experience. Senior police

Sorry but that is a cop out response, all we know you as is boyfriday, you would be the first to question someone with that response.

I know you will reply to this as always with a question. Back up your claim.

It's a handy defence is "30yrs ago? I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday" The thing is most can't remember what they had for breakfast the day before..but raping or assaulting someone I would presume is something that would be indelibly imprinted on the brain. Loss of memory is your friend.

No it hasn't, it's always been sensational. The means by which it has is the thing that's changed.

But if they didn't rape someone, but are accused of rape, there would be no way of defending the allegation. Also no way of proving the allegation. Spending millions trying to prosecute old people for something they may or may not have done 30 years ago as no benefits, but does waste lots of money, money that could be spent in a much more productive way.

Sorry but that is a cop out response, all we know you as is boyfriday, you would be the first to question someone with that response.

I know you will reply to this as always with a question. Back up your claim.

I was expressing an opinion and gave reasons why I held it. I'll not be going into detail for obvious reasons.

But if they didn't rape someone, but are accused of rape, there would be no way of defending the allegation. Also no way of proving the allegation. Spending millions trying to prosecute old people for something they may or may not have done 30 years ago as no benefits, but does waste lots of money, money that could be spent in a much more productive way.

30 years is also a very handy length of time for there to be no DNA evidence and little likelihood of an accuser being prosecuted for giving false testimony.

---------- Post added 18-01-2014 at 09:00 ----------

Im speaking from experience. Senior police officers are alpha creatures, they don't want to be associated with failure or cocking something up, those who rise tend to have unblemished and usually unspectacular CVs. Prosecutions of this nature are decided by several case reviews between a senior team of detectives and experienced prosecutors at the CPS, who consider the evidence. They're very conscious of the PR consequences of taking someone who's high profile to court and failing..as are there senior colleagues, so it's not something they tend to be gung-ho about.

So to cut out the bullcrap. No you don't have anything to back it up. It seems that all you have said is a copper has a very good incentive to get a conviction regardless of guilt.

30 years is also a very handy length of time for there to be no DNA evidence and little likelihood of an accuser being prosecuted for giving false testimony.

---------- Post added 18-01-2014 at 09:00 ----------

So to cut out the bullcrap. No you don't have anything to back it up. It seems that all you have said is a copper has a very good incentive to get a conviction regardless of guilt.

Do you believe the police are more motivated in pursuing celebrities which was the point I was responding to or do you believe they might have an eye on the consequences to them personally if they get it wrong?

Do you believe the police are more motivated in pursuing celebrities which was the point I was responding to or do you believe they might have an eye on the consequences to them personally if they get it wrong?

I think coppers are like you. Once they've painted themselves into a corner they will do anything not to admit they got it wrong. They have the time you see.

Isn't DNA wonderful. It is a shame that incidents that are only being investigated 40 years after the event have no such safety net. Still the guy here was black so that's OK.

Darryl Hunt, an African American, was convicted of the rape and murder of Deborah Sykes in 1984 and released from prison 19 years later, nine years after DNA evidence proved he couldn’t have raped Sykes.

Hunt was charged with the crime on the basis of a witnesses who said they saw him leaving blood on hotel hand towels and at the crime scene. There wasn’t really anything else to link him to the crime, but an all-white jury thought that was enough and he was sentenced to life. By 1994, DNA testing was able to clear him of the rape, but it wasn’t until another man, Willard E Brown, confessed to the crime in 2003 that Hunt was released.

Archived