Accused celebrities in the news today.

Are all trials by jury unfair? Do you think rapists should get off with it if they did their raping a while ago?

Trial by Jury in principle is an excellent and fair way to carry out the decisions in trials,In principle,emphasis,the problem being Jury members have usually no or very little knowledge of criminal procedure and more or less rely on the Judges final summing up,more often than not if you listen to the judges summing up you will probably be able to forecast the jury's verdict.

This I agree with. I don't know why people go to endless ends to try to prove a point to someone who will never change their opinion... totally fruitless.

Really? I would have thought you of all people would understand that. Odd.

What do you do where an accuser believed they have been raped, assaulted, but their understanding doesnt match the legal requirements? Lie detectors arent everytjhing otherwise they would be used a lot more.

I wouldn't polygraph them in the first place if what they describe isn't defined as rape in law.

I never post long explanations, or numerous links and quotes. There's no point. I prefer to take the Mickey out of posters like you who are ridiculous caricatures of what you're really like

:hihi:

Spot on. I haven't seen anyone on here change their opinion at all. Even when stats are used the recipient will just dismiss them as irrelevant stats. Any qualitative evidence is simply dismissed as anecdotal, therefore worthless.

Halibut, Mecky, Anna B and Le Baguette are like lefties from the early 80's, it's as if the last thirty years never happened. The fact the electorate have moved as far away from their views as possible escapes them because the comrades emotionally believe they are right, boring facts don't come into it.

Spot on. I haven't seen anyone on here change their opinion at all. Even when stats are used the recipient will just dismiss them as irrelevant stats. Any qualitative evidence is simply dismissed as anecdotal, therefore worthless.

Halibut, Mecky, Anna B and Le Baguette are like lefties from the early 80's, it's as if the last thirty years never happened. The fact the electorate have moved as far away from their views as possible escapes them because the comrades emotionally believe they are right, boring facts don't come into it.

Extremists of any kind are dangerous. Their views are dangerous. They have damaged the country more than any Islamic or Irish terrorist.

What have peoples political positions have to do with a debate about the issue of rape?

Your ignorant inflammatory insults deflect from the seriousness of this topic, and do you no credit.

I'm a male and I've been 'grabbed' by women in the past in nightclubs and what not. Surely I have a case too.

No one has answered that yet Epic, which is strange. I agree with you completely, as I too had my bottom squeezed in Roxy,s back in the eighties. Would I have a claim too? You can't help but think there is a compo bandwagon running here.

No one has answered that yet Epic, which is strange. I agree with you completely, as I too had my bottom squeezed in Roxy,s back in the eighties. Would I have a claim too? You can't help but think there is a compo bandwagon running here.

Are you waiting for someone to make the "claim" on your behalf?

Archived