Accused celebrities in the news today.

By the women who brought the case against him. The case wouldn't have been brought against him had they not made the complaint and offered evidence.

The women aren't the plaintiff, and they didn't bring the case against him, they were witnesses in the case.

He should have gone to court to answer for what he'd done??

---------- Post added 14-02-2014 at 14:09 ----------

Whats the point, he's dead and gone now.

He can't give his side of the story so we will only ever know half of it.

I don't know if there's any kind of civil suit going, I heard his surviving family were pretty thick and left all the money in his estate (or something like that??)

The point is reputation, yes he is dead, no impartial tribunal has had the opportunity of examining the case, its all trial by media.

I think a persons rep is important. Why have these people waited until he is dead to complain?

If you had been interfered with as a kid would you feel the need to wait until your abuser was dead before you complained?

Its all a bit odd and I think, in light of the Roache, Travis (not forgetting the dropped charges against jim Davidson) results, it should be looked into thoroughly.

As far as the courts concerned they were witnesses in a criminal case, they only become 'victims' on conviction of the defendant.

Now you are making yourself look pathetic. Witnesses are people who claim to have seen an incident. Those who made accusations against the celebrities were not witnesses they claimed to be victims.

Now you are making yourself look pathetic. Witnesses are people who claim to have seen an incident. Those who made accusations against the celebrities were not witnesses they claimed to be victims.

You are both right, the women went to the police claiming to be victims, evidence was collated the crown decided to take the case to court the alleged victims were then called as witnesses

You are both right, the women went to the police claiming to be victims, evidence was collated the crown decided to take the case to court the alleged victims were then called as witnesses

A witness can be compelled to give evidence. A victim cannot. The alleged victims were not called upon as witnesses. They were called upon to give evidence.

Archived