Accused celebrities in the news today.

What was the evidence of his offending behaviour 'at the time', he was reported?

From what I remember, most weren't even looked into. I remember one woman saying that she was threatened with arrest herself when she tried to report him. Others celebs were quoted as saying 'everyone knew what he was like' and 'everyone knew what he got up to' and that he was 'creepy.' Not evidence of course, but surely enough to warrant complaints being taken seriously.

This is where the Saville case is different from the recent ones. They were reported at the time, not 40 years later. But Saville had some very powerful friends.

From what I remember, most weren't even looked into. I remember one woman saying that she was threatened with arrest herself when she tried to report him. Others celebs were quoted as saying 'everyone knew what he was like' and 'everyone knew what he got up to' and that he was 'creepy.' Not evidence of course, but surely enough to warrant complaints being taken seriously.

This is where the Saville case is different from the recent ones. They were reported at the time, not 40 years later. But Saville had some very powerful friends.

The majority were not, in fact, reported at the time. There is some evidence that middle ranked Police Officers protected Saville but I have read nothing that tells me that these people ever went to the press for instance.

Equally not all Police were under his influence.

I am not defending Saville, but I do think a rigorous enquiry lead by a high court judge should investigate and settle the matter.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is in regard to DLT. It seems that some of the complainants were women of more mature years, ie not children or very young women.

So why didn't they make a very public protest at the time, ie slap the wandering hands away and proclaim in a loud voice that it was not acceptable. I am referring to the charges that were supposedly in public places.

A million years ago, when I was a teenager, I went to the cinema on my own. It was nearly empty but the seat next to me was taken. When his hands started creeping up my leg I gave him a hefty backhander across the face. He disappeared very quickly.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is in regard to DLT. It seems that some of the complainants were women of more mature years, ie not children or very young women.

So why didn't they make a very public protest at the time, ie slap the wandering hands away and proclaim in a loud voice that it was not acceptable. I am referring to the charges that were supposedly in public places.

A million years ago, when I was a teenager, I went to the cinema on my own. It was nearly empty but the seat next to me was taken. When his hands started creeping up my leg I gave him a hefty backhander across the face. He disappeared very quickly.

There are many reasons why victims of sexual assaults sometimes stay silent as I'm sure you know. Not everyone is able to respond in the way you did.

The majority were not, in fact, reported at the time. There is some evidence that middle ranked Police Officers protected Saville but I have read nothing that tells me that these people ever went to the press for instance.

I am not defending Saville, but I do think a rigorous enquiry lead by a high court judge should investigate and settle the matter.

Thats easy to say ,trouble is Savilles not here to defend himself,if Travis or Roache were deceased they would now possibly be in the same pigeon hole as Saville ,instead of being cleared in trials,dont you think there's a possible chance that Saville may have been cleared as well,every one of these farces that are brought to trial wasting money somewhat makes the accusations against Saville rather less meaningful,still, throw enough **** and its certain some is sure to stick,human nature Im afraid.

Why would they go to the press? In those days the police were the people you automatically went to in the case of wrong doing.

Saville's friends included Royalty, Businessmen, Captains of Industry, and Politicians (he spent four Christmases in a row with Margaret Thatcher.) Those connections made him pretty untouchable.

What's always fascinated me is what they could have wanted with such an odious little man? Or should I ask what it was he had on them?

And yes, I too think there should be a very rigorous enquiry into what went on to keep it so quiet. Instead we get a witch hunt of minor celebs.

Archived