Accused celebrities in the news today.

I'll lose all faith in humanity if Rolf is guilty. Whilst Jimmy Saville and some of the others didn't surprise me in the slightest, I would never have imagined Rolf getting involved in such things.....I mean....It's Rolf!! :shocked:

Regards

Doom

Hmm Raif Harris!

2 little boys......

Muckin aboot with Digeridoos..

Jake the pegs extra leg...:hihi:

The original of 'Tie Me Kangaroo Down' was dropped and is never played on the radio. It contains racist lyrics, I kid you not!

It was this verse that was dropped:

Let me Abos go loose, Lou

Let me Abos go loose

They're of no further use, Lou

So let me Abos go loose

Altogether now!

Look here if you need confirmation - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tie_Me_Kangaroo_Down,_Sport#Deleted_verse

Oh dear, all this publicity. On the radio this morning the presenter reviewing the newspapers said that these celebrity trials were the main headlines in most of the papers, making it sound like a "media frenzy".

We shouldn't minimise the seriousness of these allegations, but that's what they are allegations.

Whatever the outcome in these cases I do think all this publicity will give rise to some questioning later.

I'm genuinely surprised reading this thread. The way people change when it comes to these offences. On the Duggan thread Halibut was not happy with a jury of ten who sat for three months. Further analysis was required and questions to be asked. These men are in the dock with nothing proved and he's found them guilty.

Haphazard always knew the inner workings of DLT's mind too, amazing, ESP is proven. You saw it here first.

I agree, and I wonder why the allegations of the supposed victims have only just come to light and why they never said anything at the time. Could it be post-Savile that there's a lot of compensation money suddenly become available to alleged abuse victims?

I agree, and I wonder why the allegations of the supposed victims have only just come to light and why they never said anything at the time. Could it be post-Savile that there's a lot of compensation money suddenly become available to alleged abuse victims?

It is quite worrying because when someone points the finger at a celeb there is immediately another few who make similar claims. It's a bit like the copper who claims to have witnessed the Plebgate incident even though he was nowhere near.

How would you defend against a malicious allegation 30 or 40 years on especially if a few others jumped on the bandwagon and made similar accusations?

You only need a couple of halibuts on the jury and you are guilty before the case is even heard.

Thank goodness I'm not on the jury.

I've never liked Bill Roache since he stood shoulder-to-shoulder in support of that disgraced ex-MP Neil Hamilton.

I've always found Mr Roache to be creepy, both on and off screen.

And he's a vegetarian too :gag:

What about that libel case he lost and left taxpayers to foot the bill when he declared himself bankrupt. What about the money he has earned since. They ought to sort that one out as well.

More likely, victims are encouraged to report their experiences having previously thought they wouldn't be believed. The CPS don't generally prepare charges on the basis of an allegation or series of allegations which don't have unique qualities that link them.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/453381/Female-MP-abused-boy-in-care

I bet this doesn't make it to court.

"A FORMER female MP was involved in a paedophile network at the heart of government, police have been told.

She is alleged to have forced a boy in care to perform a “vile” sex act at one of a series of drug-fuelled parties in Westminster in the Eighties where boys and girls as young as 13 were allegedly abused.....He says he was abused by the male MP on another occasion too. He said: “I remember being filmed with this MP, who was abusing me in a garage of a very prominent building behind a Rolls-Royce,“Another politician turned up with a video camera but the man abusing me just smirked and joked, ‘OK, OK, I’ll vote any way you want’ as if he was being blackmailed. What I want to know is why they haven’t arrested him yet if they have this evidence."

Archived