Accused celebrities in the news today.

I'm sure this has happened in a factory environment too full of women with just a few males working there, I certainly saw it when I worked in a factory when I was a youngster.

absolutely. it happens all over the place and has probably happened throughout history. most victims go unseen and there is no justice for most and too often the victims are presumed to be females but it can be the other way round too.

Morgan Freeman is a dirty old perv as well... google it! :D:o

---------- Post added 17-01-2014 at 00:06 ----------

I'm a male and I've been 'grabbed' by women in the past in nightclubs and what not. Surely I have a case too.

No blind people are exempt to the charge of sexual harassment...

i am a qualified counsellor and have worked with many adults who were abused as children. the effects of even someone "just" doing the above can be more devastating than people who have not come into contact with this sort of thing (lucky them) can understand. it's also widely understood that the abusive relationship is a highly complex one. victims often go back to their abusers (take victims of domestic violence for example) again and again. another part of the twisted relationship is that of guilt and shame. this can keep people quiet for years and years and often for life. please don't write off alleged victims as just goldiggers. if they were abused then if they do get some money out of it then good for them. maybe it will go towards the years of therapy many of them have to pay for.

as far as rolf goes, i was surprised to learn that part of his charges related to storing a number of indecent images of children on his computer. IF that is true then that seems pretty straight forward to me. IF these people are guilty then i hope they get the book thrown at them. and for those people who write off the victims, i hope they never find out the hard way just how life-altering abusive encounters can be.

rant over :)

What a load of touchy feely nonsense!

I can understand someone being traumatised if they'd been the victim of genuine sexual abuse like if they'd been kept in a cellar and gang raped by a bunch of asian men, for example. I think we'd all have sympathy with anyone experiencing something as bad as that.

But any woman who claims her life was ruined just because some cheeky celebrity once slapped her bum in a tv studio is just being over dramatic and should be laughed out of court.

What a load of touchy feely nonsense!

I can understand someone being traumatised if they'd been the victim of genuine sexual abuse like if they'd been kept in a cellar and gang raped by a bunch of asian men, for example. I think we'd all have sympathy with anyone experiencing something as bad as that.

But any woman who claims her life was ruined just because some cheeky celebrity once slapped her bum in a tv studio is just being over dramatic and should be laughed out of court.

Hmm..."touchy feely nonsense"?

Nowhere in their post did the poster mention women complaining about having their bums slapped.

They do however refer to the complex relationship that exists between children and the people who sexually abuse them-whether they're Asian or not I don't believe is a material factor, Im not sure on reflection being sexually abused by a non Asian is likely to make them feel any better or worse.

I wonder how you would feel if your adult daughter confronted her demons and admitted to being groomed and having sex with an older man, 30 years ago when she was 14 years old and it had silently affected her life and relationships with men ever since?

Over the years I've DJed quite a few ladies nights, these consist of generally a drag act and male stripper I'm there doing the gig and sorting tracks for acts.

Many times I've seen when the male stripper is on doing his act that women will grab his bits forcefully (not invited to) point I'm getting at should the stripper then be able to press charges for indecent sexual assault ?

Over the years I've DJed quite a few ladies nights, these consist of generally a drag act and male stripper I'm there doing the gig and sorting tracks for acts.

Many times I've seen when the male stripper is on doing his act that women will grab his bits forcefully (not invited to) point I'm getting at should the stripper then be able to press charges for indecent sexual assault ?

He's perfectly entitled to report a complaint, whether he'd want to or whether it would get anywhere would depend on the circumstances, and corroboration by other witnesses/complainants. Just as an example if in that situation the stripper was being groped by women, and reacted by grabbing one and having sex with her, do you think that would be a reasonable reaction on his part?

Archived