Been made redundant with immediate effect.

Here you go blackfoot, some info from the government website regarding redundancy notice etc.

https://www.gov.uk/redundant-your-rights/notice-periods

As regards working his notice, some employers make you work it, but most don't and want you off the company premises, tell him to use that time wisely and move on.

Good advice. Also the OP will have to remember to tell their friend to leave on good terms as a good reference from their last employer will help them to stand head and shoulders above the competition in the job market.

think thee sen lucky ,same thing happend to me when I was thy age and all ar got was a bag of hot chestnuts and me bus fare hoam.

tha dont tha born.

ps ,posting this on behalf of someone who is bitter and twisted , and 3 kopeks short of a ruble

The first day I fell down when I was a young girl playing football cos school encouraged me to do it, and I did not even like it. I slipped, sat on my ankle, and was in such pain. I had to go to A&E, and my father had to take time out of his work to his annoyance. His attitude was exactly like yours ! :rolleyes:

On a different note, in the past years or so, I was also in a taxi when one of the truck that carried aggregates were dropping bits and pieces and smashed it against his window. Then I noticed that his whole window was actually chipped. I asked him to report this and he said he won't, as not much can be done. Even though I was working for the firm then and we were encouraged to inform the company. Prevention is better than actual incidences. You should not fear if you do the right thing. Cos it may save someone else's life.

Each generation have their own problems. Maybe yours were manual work. But in mine, it is stupid users pressing a button and misplacing millions of pounds. Then we got to fight to get it correct so that we are not in legal trouble. It happens. You just have to follow trainings and protocols. Imagine, a whole company like Enron could collapse and everyone's pensions are gone. There is no sense John Cocker.

Normally, it is the selfish people who flee, or past the buck, even if they know that the problem is growing. It is the good ones who stay and fix their own mess, or to let others know of the mess.

I say good luck to the young boy.

Archived