Every nuclear detonation ever on earth

I think it's lovely ... the video sounds just like relaxing pan-pipe music!

If you play it with the room lights out, you're virtually in an Andean discotheque, what with all the lovely flashing lights ... so much so, I did a little dance around the computer table!

It'd be nice if someone dropped some nukes on us ... it'd make a refreshing change from the rubbish in the British charts at the mo. Perhaps with a little thought, the bombs could be timed to play something decent ... like the Wombles song, or in the true spirit of internationalness something from the continent ... I'm sure Jean Michel Jarre could come up with something pretty spectacular, especially if he was allowed to use nukes! :thumbsup:

Scary.

And people wonder why there's so much cancer around these days... it was all that crap released into the atmosphere.

The era of atmospheric nuclear testing was very short, just 18 years from 1945 to 1963 when the Limited Test Ban Treaty was signed. The USA, the Soviet Union and Great Britain all moved underground as the evidence was showing that it was far too dangerous to continue as fallout was much higher than expected.

The French kept testing above ground until 1974.

I would have loved to have seen a nuclear weapon detonated. This compilation is just great, especially when the whole ground explodes throwing the drilling rig used to bury the weapon up in the air.

My favourite bomb was the Bikini Atoll 'Baker' test where they blew up all the spare warships the US Navy had left over after WWII, which features in that video.

Most of these will have been done long before a lot of you were born, in which case...you can't really have a go at anything that happened on this world before you were on it...because if it hadn't have happened, you almost certainly wouldn't have been here.

The era of atmospheric nuclear testing was very short, just 18 years from 1945 to 1963 when the Limited Test Ban Treaty was signed.

I know, but 18 years of all that material being released into the atmosphere. It's surely had to have made some impact on illness levels in humans and animals? Cancers and the like.

Archived