Age Restricted Websites

Having recently taken an interest in fine spirits, I have found that most official distillery websites have age pop ups appear as soon as you access the site. Now I understand that most brands want to appear responsible and above the law but why on earth restrict people's age who want to brows the sites.

Why not have age restriction pop ups for sites selling guns and vehicles, say needing a license number before you can access the site and does this mean that supermarket grocery sites should be age restricted, having to put your date of birth in before you can shop on it.

Also, what about sites selling films and adult related products, even cookware websites that sell a host of knives and dangerous equipment, you can freely access these sites at a whim without there being a pop up asking you to input your date of birth and location information, DIY stores in particular sell a range of power tools and toxic waste so why not have these restricted.

I think that spirit makers are trying to appear clean and relevant but other areas of trade offer far more serious and dangerous things that people can buy that will be a risk to others in general, think a bit of consistency across the web is needed.

They are taking the p... I reckon. It's way over the top.

We all have to start somewhere, I bet most people began with rubbish things before getting to better quality stuff.

I already have:

Malibu Coconut Liqueur

Whyte & Mackay Special

Russian Standard Original Vodka

Carlos III Solera Reserva Brandy de Jerez

I also have miniature sets of Glenfiddich, Jim Beam, Teacher's and Famous Grouse.

I am looking for a larger bottle of my first single malt and have been eyeing up Glenfarclas 15 Year Old.

I have also been looking at various other drinks like:

Maker's Mark

Tia Maria Liqueur

Jim Beam Honey

Kraken Black Spiced Rum

Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur

O V D Old Vatted Demerara Rum

Frosty jacks do a brand of fine whisky > vomit shoes O V D.

Makes Makers mark taste like water.

Archived